Recommend a Gin

Associate
And whilst not quite a full blown gin this is nice...
EDINBURGH GIN'S RHUBARB & GINGER LIQUEUR
https://www.ginfestival.com/products/edinburgh-rhubarb-ginger
Tried that at the Gin festival and it was very nice!

Some of the gins we enjoyed were:
Caorunn - really nice and smooth
Bath Gin
Darnley's - lovely
Martin Miller's Gin
Haymans

Ableforth's were also there with their Bathtub Gin, but we didn't get to try it (stand too busy). Got a free bottle in the goody bag though.
It was interesting to see the various different ingredients which went in to making the different gins, and in the program there was a very handy Gin and tonic pairing wheel, which matched the various different tonics with different styles of Gin. Very useful.

Soldato
Call me a generic peasant but I really like Schweppes with Bombay Sapphire - like the extra flavouring of Bombay. Failing that, Hendricks is a nice option.

Just have Bombay Sapphire with Fever Tree tonic and do yourself a favour! Much better flavouring in their tonics :)

Hendricks is my usual go-to.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Pair these with Elderflower Cordial and you've got yourself the perfect G&T!

I love a gin with elderflower, and if the dominant flavour is going to be elderflower it doesn't matter so much which gin you have in my opinion.

Edinburgh Gin do a lovely elderflower gin. I like it neat with a single ice cube.

Caporegime
Have attended a lot of gin tasting stuff over the years.

Burleighs Gin Distiller's Cut is my favourite along with Tanqueray 10, however all of the Burleights Gin is excellent :).

Hendricks is a nice alternative too, fresh cucumber and some Fever Tree tonic :cool:.

Soldato
If you like a G&T, then a white port may well be up your street as well. Chilled, plenty of ice, FT tonic and slice of lemon or lime. Goes down lovely at the end of hot day.

Soldato
We stumbled across the Lakes Distillery a couple of weeks ago while up in the Lake District. Next time we're up there, we're going to book a tour.

It's a decent tour. I went around with my 6yo son, who also enjoyed it.

You get gin, whisky and vodka samples at the end. He got orange juice, even though he was free entry.

Looking forward to them releasing a single malt.

Man of Honour
My Gin collection is currently:

- Botanist
- Sipsmith VJOP
- Aviation
- Various Inverroche varieties

Just finished a bottle of Tarquin the other day. Would recommend them all. If I'm travelling/ in hotels etc without a great variety I usually stick with Hendrix...

Associate
OP
in the end I picked up one of these it was good but I will experiment with other suggestions too see if I can get smaller sizes

Back
Top Bottom