Recommend a good Citroen or Hyundai

Soldato
Think I'm being thick here but I have no idea what exactly you're "going to fight?"

You wanted to buy a car, they made several offers of a car (using the age old technique of cost per month mate) until you accepted. If they had annoyed you at any point you could have politely requested they foxtrot Oscar. You've now changed your mind, no financially worse off.......

I don't get it

Soldato
Was I stupid, yes but these guys were persistent and aggressive in their sales technique.

Today I've spoken with Citizens Advise and they agree that these were aggressive Sales Techniques and advised me of Section 75 (I paid the deposit on the credit card) and my rights under Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008. They have also reported them to Trading Standards.

I'm going to try and fight this but we shall see where this ends up!

What on earth? Just get your deposit back and go elsewhere. People cancel deals everyday. It's completely normal, and no skin off the dealers nose. You came in, off your own back. No one from the dealer forced you in. You spent time with them, and gave them your details. Why can't they phone back and offer you a deal? They have every right to.

Soldato
OP
OK, so my last update on this.

So I have spoken with the garage and made them aware of my thoughts and wishes to cancel the deal.

They understood my reasoning's and have offered to cancel the deal and pay back my deposit in full.

My words here were harsher then what I put in the email, just advising them that I felt uncomfortable with the deal and they were happy with that.

I go there on Thursday to finalise the cancellation and get my deposit refunded.

On a separate note, but in someway related to what's been happening; my work have just told me that I now eligble for a company car rather than the allowance so I'm going to have a look at that and see if it works out better for me.

Thank you everyone for you criticism and honest thoughts on this, as it did help my decision.

OcUK to the rescue as always!

Soldato
hyundai i30 or for the french, see if theres something similar to the 2008/3008 from peugeot?

fyi my 107 was surprising good for a family car(have a scenic for the missus anyways) until i got to 3 kids and squeezing a car seat in the middle wasnt wise lol, we had a single seat travel system and standing the frame, the removed seat in the boot without shelf and then popping the wheels behind was surprising efficient, used to go from devon to the west midlands or from devon to southampton like it(family live there) no problem and other than hills as youd expect, you wouldnt have thought it was only a 70hp 1ltr..

by all means get a better car and all that given the option, but from your posts you seem to be writing off that C1..

Back
Top Bottom