Recommend car alarm

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a good but not so expensive alarm. Want it as a deterent. My car window has been smashed in for the 6th time since i got this car in 0ct 2005. Last time around they took nothing as the stereo facia was at home in coat pocket. This time around they got the stereo even though i still got the facia was in my coat pocket like always. So I am looking at spending another £165, replacing the window and the stereo. I am really getting p-ed off with this. I can't wait till i move from this area, looking for a flat to purchase as we speak.
Thanks in advance guys

(sorry about the bad language beforehand)

Last edited:
Soldato
My brother in law used to use flashing led lights as a deterrent on his 1k sound system installed in a mk1 micra.
I hate alarms, my car just has a cat 2 immobiliser that flashes. If I was getting an alarm, it'd be one that could page me instead of making a big noise every time the wind blows

Soldato
eidolon said:
Toad Ai606 is excellent value for money.

^^^

burnsy2023 said:
I was looking at these alarms on eBay and was wondering: how much do you think it would cost to get it prefessionally fitted?

Burnsy

ive had them installed in my last two cars. its probably best going with an installer who provides the alarm rather than buying it separately as you wouldnt save much and may find in fact some will not install it as they wouldnt be making much money from it. look to pay about £250-£270. £300 incl. optional extra sensors (glass break sensor, dual shock etc).

Soldato
i'm looking to get a 50 quid falcon jobbie off ebay - I have an immobiliser thats CAT2 certified and a steering wheel lock - my current alarm is pretty much just a button for the central locking!

would fit it myself, i;m not after certification, just niceties like full closure :)

Soldato
Hate said:
i'm looking to get a 50 quid falcon jobbie off ebay - I have an immobiliser thats CAT2 certified and a steering wheel lock - my current alarm is pretty much just a button for the central locking!

would fit it myself, i;m not after certification, just niceties like full closure :)

Remote start /drool

Soldato
OP
just need to do something to put off the ******* that keep breaking my car window. 6 times in the space of 15 or so months is way too much :(

No swearing. Read the FAQs

Back
Top Bottom