Recommend Kindle Unlimited Books

Soldato
I thought it would be cool to have a thread dedicated to recommending ebooks that are available on Kindle Unlimited. If you have read a book that is available and you think it is good please post in this thread so that other Kindle Unlimited members can see your recommendations.

Most of the books I have read on Kindle Unlimited have been about blogging so I'm not sure if they would fit in with this thread but if people want non-fiction as well I'll include a couple of recommendations.

Associate
Anything by the following authors:

Scf-Fi: M.R. Forbes
Horror: Amy Cross, Darcy Coates, Ike Hamill
Action/Adventure: David Leadbeater, Greig Beck
Fantasy: Edward W. Robertson
Zombies/End Of World Event: Frank Tayell, Flint Maxwell, Harley Tate, RR Haywood, Devon C. Ford, Michael Stephen Fuchs

Amazing how many brilliant self-publishing authors are out there. I have not read a 'published' author for years now (I refuse to pay more than 2.99 for an eBook).

PayDay Lover
Associate
I mostly read fantasy, some of the better ones I read were:
Benjamin Ashwood
King's Dark Tidings
The Society of the Sword

The three below have crazy number of books, I think I may have read and enjoyed them more out of the convenience that I didn't have to bother searching around for a book series to read than necessarily them being a good series (heroes way too powerful), I think if I remember rightly the chars actually developed with personalities rather than simply being wafer thin character depth (one issue I find common with Unlimited is books having a story but the main chars simply being a there to plod along and move the plot forward rather than actually be interesting in anyway - DK Holmberg is an example of this - he has a lot of books)
A Tale of Alus series
The Spellmonger series
The Bowl of Souls

All the ones I mentioned are your more straightforward 'good guys' books rather than shades of grey or gritty.

Of course, I wouldn't trust my judgment - I have read many, many Unlimited books, and while there are excellent ones, there are also terrible and average ones, and as time has gone on I think my standards have lowered to the point that if a book is not awful I appreciate it far more than I should :)

Associate
How does it work for a self publishing author to get paid for Kindle Unlimited books?

According to this: https://www.inc.com/minda-zetlin/am...m-chance-carter-romance-kindle-unlimited.html

They used to get a flat fee for each download of a book.
They scrapped that when authors started knocking out lots of really short books.
Now they get paid per page read.
Although some authors are now "padding" out books to several thousand pages and telling the reader to go to the last page for "something special". This "fools" Amazon into thinking the whole book has been read and paying them accordingly....

Back
Top Bottom