Recommend me a case :)

Associate
Hi all,

Recommend me a case; simple question; no easy answer!

Requirements (must have the following):

• 3x 5.25" bays
  • 6x 3.25" hdd bays (prefer to have x2 SSD mounts on the rear or other location) - Will accept 6x 3.5" / 2.5" combo if need be!
  • ATX for M/B in size
  • Cooling: CPU Cooler height of 171mm, prefer to have 140mm fans front, top and rear
  • Front 2x USB 3.0 & 2x USB 2.0 ports on the front i/o panel
  • Side Panel Window
  • Filters for easy cleaning
  • No higher (case height) than 600mm ... depth and width aren't an issue
  • No need for included PSU
Many thanks for your inputs. Price isn't too much of an issue.

Associate
Hi all,

Recommend me a case; simple question; no easy answer!

Requirements (must have the following):

• 3x 5.25" bays
  • 6x 3.25" hdd bays (prefer to have x2 SSD mounts on the rear or other location) - Will accept 6x 3.5" / 2.5" combo if need be!
  • ATX for M/B in size
  • Cooling: CPU Cooler height of 171mm, prefer to have 140mm fans front, top and rear
  • Front 2x USB 3.0 & 2x USB 2.0 ports on the front i/o panel
  • Side Panel Window
  • Filters for easy cleaning
  • No higher (case height) than 600mm ... depth and width aren't an issue
  • No need for included PSU
Many thanks for your inputs. Price isn't too much of an issue.
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £172.55 (includes shipping: £12.60)​

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Associate
I like this option. Do Phanteks do a cheaper case with similar features but at a lower price?
Bit too extreme for me lol.
How much cheaper do you need it to be? You'd lose some features going a bit cheaper, like:

Having fewer 5.25 bays, going over height requirements or having no tempered glass window - that sort of thing.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Enthoo Pro / Luxe looks like a good option atm.

How much cheaper do you need it to be? You'd lose some features going a bit cheaper, like:

Having fewer 5.25 bays, going over height requirements or having no tempered glass window - that sort of thing.
Going over height is possible. I wasn't fussed about tempered glass.

Associate
Enthoo Pro / Luxe looks like a good option atm.

Going over height is possible. I wasn't fussed about tempered glass.
https://www.bit-tech.net/reviews/tech/cases/phanteks-enthoo-luxe-tempered-glass-review/4/
https://www.bit-tech.net/reviews/tech/cases/phanteks-enthoo-luxe-review/1/

The Tempered Glass version comes with that extra Phanteks RGB strip, which if you didn't want could be sold to reduce the cost. Either case seems to fit your requirements though.

Do you have a colour preference?

Associate
OP
No colour preference :)

Does the original Enthoo Pro include a dust filter on the top mesh?

I see it is easy to remove the filter on the Luxe compared to the original, assuming the original does include a filter in the top mesh.

Permabanned
I have the Enthoo Luxe, though not the full glass one, slightly cheaper normal windowed one.

This one, its 20 quid cheaper than the full glass side, though is out of stock(have they stopped making it?)

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phanteks-enthoo-luxe-midi-tower-case-black-ca-004-pt.html

Unless its changed the top mesh does not have a filter, its just mesh(which is very easy to remove, just clicks on and off). The top of mine does not get dusty as I have that as outtake for 360 rad.
The bottom of the case has an easy to remove filter. The front however does pull in some dust, there is no filter just some mesh around the bottom rectangular section. This is my 240 rad intake.

Though I have an electric air blower so every month or two it gets a dust blast/cleaning.

Caporegime
Hmmm puzzled as Hardware Canucks mentions in their review that the case includes a dust filter? :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQOPK-OgvnM&feature=youtu.be&t=4m13s

At the moment I prefer the tempered glass version but only because of the larger window for component visibility.

The top is certainly just a mesh style metal thing that you sort of push-in to release the catches.

The PSU has a filter that slides out the rear and the front has a filter that requires the front panel to be popped off to gain access to.

Edit,

Yes there does appear to be some sort of fine plastic mesh that the top metal honeycomb thing is wrapped around, Ive just had a closer look at mine.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Caporegime
Heres some pics I just took,

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

You can see the plastic mesh thing against the metal thing that has larger holes.

Back
Top Bottom