Recommend me a couple of running jackets

Underboss
Hi all

Looks like the weather is turning colder next week

I would like some recommendations please as i cant really decide on what to buy

went into Deacthlon today, and i didn't like any of the jackets there, also i found the "run Warm" jackets are too fleecy for my liking (i find them more of a mid layer / hoodie than a jacket)

Ideally , want a Wind repellent jacket and a Rain Jacket

warm jackets are not an issue as i would just put on a warmer base layer/top underneath

thanks

Underboss
OP
Very interesting and informative post DP, cheers

i'll have to buy more gear (if one lot is wet i can throw another pair on) as i dont have much i can use at present

I see a lot of runners wearing jackets, i even saw a guy this morning were what looked like a warm hoodie type of mid layer, and it was way too warm for it!

I dont actually use tights, i use cargo gym trousers which work for me, i have no long sleeve running tops (only jumpers and hoodies and fleeces for walking so i need to invest in some)

Underboss
OP
hey DP
do you think this is about right ?

This is in Fahrenheit

A Quick Guide on What to Wear:

Still wondering what you should wear? You can use our clever What to Wear tool here, or use the quick guide below.

60+ degrees: tank top and shorts

50–59 degrees: short sleeve tech shirt and shorts

40–49 degrees: long sleeve tech shirt, shorts or tights, gloves (optional), headband to cover ears (optional)

30–39 degrees: long sleeve tech shirt, shorts or tights, gloves, and headband to cover ears

20–29 degrees: two shirts layered—a long sleeve tech shirt and a short sleeve tech shirt or long sleeve shirt and jacket—tights, gloves, and headband or hat to cover ears

10–19 degrees: two shirts layered, tights, gloves or mittens, headband or hat, and windbreaker jacket/pants

0–9 degrees: two shirts layered, tights, windbreaker jacket/pants, mittens, headband or hat, ski mask to cover face

source :
https://www.runnersworld.com/beginner/a20834718/the-newbie-guide-to-running-when-its-cold/

Underboss
OP
Bit of a wasted day in Milton Keynes to be honest
up & running had a very tiny section in the Cotsworld outdoor shop
popped into Sports Direct, nothing i really liked, except maybe a Ronhill top i saw, but other than that, nothing what i wanted

But i did manage to get a Run Light 250 (the hi vis one) that they had 1 left in stock, and 1 pair of winter running trousers, which i needed for my knee joints @ Decathlon

and i bought a new pair of trainers (not running ones though)

so im going to order some tops from that place you mentioned guys that if you pay via PayPal you get free returns? i can then order a few, really like the look of the Salomon Agile Long Sleeve top though

Cheers

Underboss
OP
Well, I can't fault sweatshop

I ordered 3 tops
Said it would be here 29th, it arrived today (23rd)

They refunded me for a top because it was out of stock , but on its arrival, all 3 tops are here, so I got one for free , sleeves are short and I don't particulaly like the material but I can't complain, will make a good extra layer
:cool:

Back
Top Bottom