Recommend me a ISP non NTL

Caporegime
Moving house next month, my whole internet life I've been on ntl. Sadly new house is a non ntl area.

I dont ever download P2P or torrents etc.

I surf for a few hours per day, normally in conjunction with playing the X360. I imagine the 360 gets used online for 10-20 hours per week with the odd demo download.

Not sure the 8gig BT package would be enough.

Dont mind buying my own adsl router as likely I will use powerline anyway.

Currently pay £24.99 with ntl for 4 meg.

Are BT ok would their top pack be ok. Sky broadband isn't in my area yet either.

Caporegime
OP
Some good options there, need to wait til I get a phone number before I can confirm which I can have.

With all of those can I use my own adsl router? Does it work like NTL, where they supply you with a modem from the phone socket and you plug your own router into that?

Soldato
dannyjo22 said:
Some good options there, need to wait til I get a phone number before I can confirm which I can have.

With all of those can I use my own adsl router? Does it work like NTL, where they supply you with a modem from the phone socket and you plug your own router into that?

All your ISP really provides is the ADSL down your phone line, and they do supply you with a cheapo modem as well. When I first got mine, they supplied me with a BT Voyager 105, really basic in every way. Now I got myself a Netgear Wireless ADSL Router/Firewall and a Wireless PCI card, its soo much better :)

Back
Top Bottom