Recommend me a monitor up to £550

Soldato
Hi all,

Looking for a monitor to go with my new pc (8700, 1080ti). Will be used mainly for gaming (casual) but I will also need to hook up my xbox one (not X).

Budget is up to £550. Not sure whether to go for g-sync or not?

Thanks

Soldato
Well the Dell S2417DG and S2716DG are both gsync enabled monitors that should fit your budget. If you want something that looks better(better colors, better blacks, better contrast) and are not to worried about high refresh rate nor gsync i can highly recommend the viewsonic VX3276-2k which is dirt cheap as well and capable of 75hz. Ive owned or still own all 3 of these panels plus a ocean of others. Haven't owned an asus or acer screen yet that i could recommend and ive had a few but that is of course due to my particular wants/needs and pickiness.

Man of Honour
Acer XB270HU, job done. @prjwebb just got one and I think he's pretty damn happy with it! :cool:

Only has the one input though - I'd assume he wants to be able to connect up both with the xbox on HDMI.

The S2716DG might also be a bit of a problem in that respect as though it has an additional HDMI input some people have had problems with it and the xbox - hopefully solved with more recent versions of the monitor on newer firmwares i.e. https://www.dell.com/community/Moni...01-A02-Xbox-One-HDMI-not-working/td-p/5048488

Caporegime
Only has the one input though - I'd assume he wants to be able to connect up both with the xbox on HDMI.

The S2716DG might also be a bit of a problem in that respect as though it has an additional HDMI input some people have had problems with it and the xbox - hopefully solved with more recent versions of the monitor on newer firmwares.

Am guessing Ti to DP and Xbox to HDMI though? Or am I missing something?

Man of Honour
Ah that makes sense heh.

My only quibble with those is the inconsistent quality control - you either seem to get a great unit or one with no end of issues with backlighting and random buzzing, etc.

Back
Top Bottom