Recommend me a mouse

Soldato
Fed up with Microsoft mice now cos they are $#!?£.

I'm a fairly heavy PC user. Normally either playing games, browsing the net and fiddling about in photoshop.

Obviously anything but Microsoft or those Boomslang things. Probably looking at something from Logitech.

Thanks in advance.

well for gaming mx518 and g5 i hate cordless so dont get g7 =]

mx518 has 400dpi 800dpi and 1600dpi on the fly.

its smooth and precise.

Get from ocuk and a nice pad like steel series.

Furic said:
i hate cordless so dont get g7 =]
What's wrong with cordless? With the g7 there's no lag and you don't have to worry about running out of batteries because one charges whilst you use the other so if it runs out it takes all of two seconds to swap them over.

fini

Copperhead for me :) something like a Diamondback would also suffice if youre looking to go the Razer route. but make sure you invest in a decent mouse mat eg an eXactmat as it will greatly improve performance.

nothing wrong with g7 tbh being harsh there just dont like cordless since mx700.

G7 is a great mouse maybe excited over copperhead lol....

I did have a MX1000 which is a nice mouse, but just got a Copperhead which, after a little bit of getting used to, is a great mouse if you dont need the wireless element.

peterattheboro said:
Fed up with Microsoft mice now cos they are $#!?£.

I'm a fairly heavy PC user. Normally either playing games, browsing the net and fiddling about in photoshop.

Obviously anything but Microsoft or those Boomslang things. Probably looking at something from Logitech.

Thanks in advance.

I've had loads of different mice, cordless and corded, including various Razers and Microsoft mice, so far the Logitech G7 has been far and away the best. It's built like a tank, there's absolutely no wireless lag, you get two rechargeable batteries which charge very quickly and it looks lush.

Well I bought the mx1000 the other day and I'm returning it today, the thing is rubbish, and I should have known it a) because it's logitech, and b) it's wireless.

To make it worse it has this jumping wierdness where periodically it will jump to the top of the screen every minute or so making the thing damn near useless. This of course can be fixed by putting your expensive usb mouse into the ps2 port....

I bought one of the original logitech wireless opticals and it was terrible. The Mx1000 is a marked improvement on that, but it's heavy, and despite the laser technology, it feels far less precise than my old intellimouse explorer 4.

Now I loved the Intelli Exp 3, but microsoft can't leave a good device alone and ruined it with the 4.0 so now I'm in a drama. I know I don't want a wireless brick.

So what mouse, I like light above all else, I don't mind cords, I don't care if there's only three buttons and a scroll wheel, just as long as it works in linux and windows, is accurate and light I'm keen.

The MX1000 so doesn't meet the above needs, and that's what I get for buying on a whim :(

The MX 1000 is an excellent mouse - if an aquired taste.

It is a little heavy and rather large - but as I've got large hands its not a problem.

With an icemat and teflon pads its incredibly precise when set-up correctly.

I've never had any of the 'jumping' problems and no lag at all - also works fine with my Logitech S500 wireless desktop with keyboard and mouse and remote which live on the otherside of my bedroom.

MX1000 by far the best mouse ive ever had! using it on my desk to the pads are a little worse for ware... thinking about getting a nice mouse mat? any reccomendations? need to be big as i have 3 Screens and Projector 5024 Pixels across :)

peterattheboro said:
Cheers boys. I went with an MX518. Didn't fancy cordless. So far i'm very impressed with it. Can now right click without bashing the button a few times to get it to work :D

:)

I know how you feel.

My bog standard M$ mouse has bitten the dust.

I'm in search of a new rat and the MX518 is one of my choices.

Back
Top Bottom