Recommend me a mouse

try this one,

mouse1.small.gif

I've had an mx700 mouse for about 2.5 years and it's been good for games (it's cordless), my brother has an MX500 and has got on well with it :)

Personally I would suggest going out and trying some mice, then ordering one that feels comfortable, preferably from the Logitech range as their mice/keyboards tend to be very good.

G5 is the same shape and size as the other corded MX series logitech mice. Variable weight, which is great. Dead comfortable, dead smooth even on my rough desk. only for right handers.

Hi there,

I have been using the MX3100 for some time now.......its very expensive but its excellent in my opinion, and I wouldn't really change it for anything.

If only they did a diNovo with an MX1000 mouse that never broke :)

Logitech for the win!

Thanks...

Btw: I game too so its ok for gaming.

Yeah the shape of the mx1000 was really nice. It was just too heavy and had that stupid jumping flaw (read up on logitech and it's a bit of a pandemic with those mice, random though not every one of their base stations is affected).

A lighter, working, version of that would be great.

If your mx1000 has the flaw, they will send you out a new station for free.

They also sent me a new mouse when one of my feet fell off :p

I use the Razer Copperhead on my main rig, and the Diamondback on my other. Both are coupled with Black Icemat 2.

I love them, particularly the Copperhead - it's got a nicer feel (and better quality TBH) than the Diamondback, plus on-the-fly adjustable sensitivity which is SO useful in games.

I'd recommend either mouse highly, but with the Copperhead as the better mouse.

Hav

Glad this topic has sprung up.

I need a new mouse after the forward button on my MS intelli mouse explorer v3 gave up the ghost, can't fault it though, I've had it years.

I was looking at the MX1000 but I don't have a spare socket for the AC adaptor (don't fancy overloading the circuit by adding more either!). Is there a cordless mouse with recharging base station that doesn't require plugging into the mains or am I dreaming?

Suppose I'll go with the mx518 if push comes to shove.

Mr Joshua said:
Glad this topic has sprung up.

I need a new mouse after the forward button on my MS intelli mouse explorer v3 gave up the ghost, can't fault it though, I've had it years.

I was looking at the MX1000 but I don't have a spare socket for the AC adaptor (don't fancy overloading the circuit by adding more either!). Is there a cordless mouse with recharging base station that doesn't require plugging into the mains or am I dreaming?

Suppose I'll go with the mx518 if push comes to shove.

Yeah the buttons gave up on me with my intelli 3.0 too, in fact that's what has broken with my intelli 4 too, just took a lot less time with the 4.0.

The 518 looks good, but isn't the g5 just a laser version of that?

Ice On Fire said:
What's this jumping flaw I hear? I think mine might have it.. :confused:
Basically unless you use the ps2 port, the mouse will randomly jump to the top of the screen.

For me it happened every couple of minutes, you'd be using the mouse then all of a sudden the pointer would be flush with the top of the screen. Occasionally it would jump to the left most border too, but 90% of the time to the top of the screen.

It is a problem with the base station, you can fix it apparently by using the latest drivers from logitech (didn't work for me in windows, and certainly not helpful when using it under linux). It is supposedly limited to certain model revisions but mine wasn't listed as a model affected, and it most certainly was.

If you have one that does this if you can return it for a refund, worst case Logitech are meant to be pretty good sending out replacement basestations, you sometimes don't even have to send the fault one back first.

Mouse:

Well i've been gaming now for 4 years and the best mouse i found is the copperhead. Once u get used to the max dpi on windows (after wondering were the cursor went :D ) and in games, it's awesome for fragging. Also the on the fly dpi change is good, and the control panel to regulate the sensitivity in each axis is great to get better performance on games like CS:S, wich u dont have to aim higher usually.

The steelpad S&S with the exactaMat are the top1 for me, tried and tested loads, and those both just feel smooth as.

kar said:
The 518 looks good, but isn't the g5 just a laser version of that?
The 518 looks like it has two buttons on the side (for forward and backwards) where as the G5 looks like it only has one.

Can anyone with the G5 tell me whether the button on the side is a rocker for forward and backward?

its a single button.

you said you were after a wireless that didnt require an additional mains plug?

how about the logitech G7? essentially the same as the G5, but wirelss, and replaces the weights with the hotswap battery packs.

Dunno if you were replying to me, but I specifically don't want a wireless. I think I'm gonna go with the g5, i don't particularly use the thumb buttons much on mice so missing the extra button is no drama.

I wonder what's the best mouse pad to go with these laser mice? My oracle applications one stolen from work probably is on its last legs, much like my intelli 4.0 ;)

Just thought I'd tell everyone what I ended up getting. The MX518 is great. The laser mice from everything I've read do not seem like a mature technology yet, with lots of issues with different mouse surfaces, and the laser being a bit too sensitive to being removed from its tracking surface (even by a few mms).

I really hated the MX1000, but this 518 is wonderful. It's light, it's precise, it's easy to use in windows, accurate as heck in games. I went with the s&s steelpad as well and with the little mouse glider things on it's wonderful too.

I like light, accurate, chunky mice and the 518 fits the bill like a charm.

Would very happily recommend it to others migrating from the horrid intelli 4.0.

Back
Top Bottom