• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Recommend me a new GPU for £969

Associate
I know it is may not the best time to purchase a new GPU hard to say when if ever things will get better than they are now but the way I'm looking at it it's a free purchase basically I bought a phone late last year Samsung S21 Ultra 256gb and found out recently that it was sold under false advertisements as it was sold as UK model but come under as a Malaysian model now I have no warranty escalated it up as a dispute I wanted it swapped for a UK model but they refunded me and said I can keep the phone or donate it so bonus I get a free top-end phone and refunded me £969 RESULT!

Anyways this is not a mobile phone thread so I'm going to use the money for a new GPU my setup is all upgraded minus my monitors and the GPU was holding out for a better price.

My current card is EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0 Black Edition 8GB GDDR5 - Very outdated
My PSU is Corsair RMx 750 - Calculated on PC Part Picker my estimated Wattage is 309w give or take - this does not include my current GPU
My case is NZXT H700i for card clearance

Can you give any recommendations best for buck?

I want to stick with Nvidia and my OCD matchy matchy would like MSI to match my board but performance overrules this.

Thank you in advance.

Associate
^ that

or if it has to MSI:

FWIW, I've just gone from a 1070 to a 3060ti at 1440p and the performance uplift is significant, so if it were my money I'd probably go for a3070/3070ti + a nice monitor (if you're current one isn't already above 60Hz or is lower res), as that will carry through a few generations of card!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I think the Inno3D 3080 Ti seems the best choice in performance and power consumption seems to require less wattage and is two PCI connectors compared to MSI 3080 which should be more suitable for a 750w PSU.

Has anyone used the Inno3D 30ti card?
been reading reviews seems a beast only issues people mentioned was heat spots.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the Inno3D 3080 Ti seems the best choice in performance and power consumption seems to require less wattage and is two PCI connectors compared to MSI 3080 which should be more suitable for a 750w PSU.

Has anyone used the Inno3D 30ti card?
been reading reviews seems a beast only issues people mentioned was heat spots.

That card is a very good card for the money and it's their x4 range which is their top card for air cooling. Heat spots were probably on review cards that get shared from one reviewer to another and some open them up and don't put them back together right again. Ignore that, they are fine them cards.

Associate
OP
That card is a very good card for the money and it's their x4 range which is their top card for air cooling. Heat spots were probably on review cards that get shared from one reviewer to another and some open them up and don't put them back together right again. Ignore that, they are fine them cards.
Thank you and Thanks to everyone else seems like this will be my choice.

Associate
OP
Why don’t you buy the Founders edition from Nvidia for £1050. Much better looking than the iChill. It’s still in stock.
I already ordered the inno3D. I do like the looks of the founders edition but think that the inno3D will match my setup better.

Thanks anyways

Associate
OP
^ that

or if it has to MSI:

FWIW, I've just gone from a 1070 to a 3060ti at 1440p and the performance uplift is significant, so if it were my money I'd probably go for a3070/3070ti + a nice monitor (if you're current one isn't already above 60Hz or is lower res), as that will carry through a few generations of card!
Gone with the inno3D 3080 Ti will hopefully have in a few weeks 1k to spend on a nice monitor

Associate
OP
Well it will be delivered Monday but something I never thought about won't the GPU bottleneck my CPU it's a i5-12600k atleast while I'm running at currently 1080p but that will change when I invest in new monitor yes?

Run a bottleneck test showed results:

While running general tasks, processor Intel Core i5-12600K will be utilized 100.0% and graphic card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti will be utilized 84.3% .

While running processor intense tasks, processor Intel Core i5-12600K will be utilized 100.0% and graphic card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti will be utilized 76.3% .

While running graphic card intense tasks, processor Intel Core i5-12600K will be utilized 100.0% and graphic card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti will be utilized 93.4% .

Last edited:
Soldato
Well it will be delivered Monday but something I never thought about won't the GPU bottleneck my CPU it's a i5-12600k atleast while I'm running at currently 1080p but that will change when I invest in new monitor yes?

Run a bottleneck test showed results:

While running general tasks, processor Intel Core i5-12600K will be utilized 100.0% and graphic card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti will be utilized 84.3% .

While running processor intense tasks, processor Intel Core i5-12600K will be utilized 100.0% and graphic card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti will be utilized 76.3% .

While running graphic card intense tasks, processor Intel Core i5-12600K will be utilized 100.0% and graphic card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti will be utilized 93.4% .

It will be fine and any cpu now will bottleneck a 3080ti at 1080p even a 12900k, once you get your new monitor the bottleneck will be the gpu and not the cpu. So don't worry about it the system you have is fine and will be balanced correctly once you get the new monitor.

Permabanned
Just to report, I have owned the RTX 3070 iChill X4 from Inno3D for 6 months and not had a single problem with it.
I definitely would advise you to download the RGB software for it though and tune it to your liking otherwise it defaults to a very bright rainbow RGB mode which for me is distracting.

This is the colour mode I settled for below.

42XiGU3.png

Back
Top Bottom