Recommend me a simple headset please :)

Associate
So I have had the same headset for about 15 years and its been great but they are so creaky now, its so loud my friend hears it on his end, its got a nice mic too but i think its time to get a new one. I dont want to spend a fortune really, i just need a decent mic, something that is acceptable, you know what i mean im sure, not something studio grade but something thats not a £1 mic from Tesco quality.

Ideally something that wont make my ears roasting hot, these are so warm so im always itching my ears.

Is there any decent headsets with a decent price that isnt all RGB and "gaming" inflating the price?

Associate
My experience with a Corsair headset was a bad one, it was a USB headset and the volume was ridiculous, I couldn't have it over Level 1 in windows (Out of 100!)

Tried all sorts, had to install a piece of software to EQ it / lower the volume in the end..

I'm sure they aren't like that now but put me off..!

I moved from a Hyper X cloud II to a Arctis Pro Wireless, they do a cheaper wired version, arctis 5 - maybe worth a look? The cloud was £65 when I got it, looks to be a bit more now so probably worth looking at alternatives if that's the kind of price bracket you were looking at.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Can someone explain this to me, how exactly does it just have a single 3.5mm jack when its an audio playback device and input device? Shouldn't there be a separate jack for the mic and earphones?

7IqO2o3.png

Soldato
Yes, can be used without the amp, but needs an extension (cable really short) and a splitter to split the input and output. Decent headset. It's a semi-opened design, so will leak audio to the outside quite a lot. Comfy with the velour pads, I don't like the fake leathers. Apart from that, Coolermaster MH752.

Back
Top Bottom