Recommend me Android Tablet

Soldato
Hi i am after a android tablet for traveling.

The primary use are this:

watching HD video offline.
browsing the next
detachable keyboard
stable fast operation.

I have an existing nexus 9 tablet which is dead slow and useless!

I want one with the best battery life and expandable storage. Budget is max 600 quid.

Permabanned
I just took the plunge on the Pixel C hoping I won't be disappointed for such an old tablet. Shield has stopped charging and guess this is a step up.

I doubt you'll be disappointed, one of my better purchases over the last few years.

Unless there's something specific you need of course, my only gripe would be that some apps /games still force themselves into portrait mode or don't support the display ratio correctly, more of an Android issue than a Pixel C issue though.

Associate
Holy thread highjack. I'm also on the lookout for a tablet to do the same on a long haul flights once I've exhausted the inflight entertainment. What's the best shout for the budget tablet? Decent screen, good battery life (I have an LG g pad 8 inch but the standby time is like 2 days).

Soldato
Well you won't get a 'decent' tablet for a couple of hundred quid for the most part. The Pixel C is the best overall device, which I hope (like last year) will go on sale again with a good amount of it's price chopped off.
Other then that, look at the Lenovo tab 4 10.1 Plus. There is an 8" version too, think that is £300.

Permabanned
Holy thread highjack. I'm also on the lookout for a tablet to do the same on a long haul flights once I've exhausted the inflight entertainment. What's the best shout for the budget tablet? Decent screen, good battery life (I have an LG g pad 8 inch but the standby time is like 2 days).

I've left it for 3-4 days and it's only dropped 25% or so, probably better to turn it off when not using it though, or at least turn off WiFi

Android in general is rubbish at handling background apps when you have an active data connection.

Associate
Arrived yesterday, def a premium looking bit of kit. Not stressed it much yet but it's snappy every day use as expected. About Battery i left it unplugged and running a game over night by mistake and woke to 20% still which seems solid

Associate
Arrived yesterday, def a premium looking bit of kit. Not stressed it much yet but it's snappy every day use as expected. About Battery i left it unplugged and running a game over night by mistake and woke to 20% still which seems solid

Am I blind, where's the edit button, the aspect ratio was a bit of a surprise, but nothing been an issue so far.

Permabanned
Am I blind, where's the edit button, the aspect ratio was a bit of a surprise, but nothing been an issue so far.

You'll get used to the aspect ratio, it's quite nice in games but not ideal for video. On the other hand it's great for reading websites, documents, comics, books and using apps in split screen.

Good compromise imo but not everyone will like it.

Man of Honour
The Lenovo Yoga 3 Plus may be worth looking at of your Judy after media consumption on a budget. For about £250 it had a massive battery, great screen, kickstand and very good speakers. But it is a little heavy.

Back
Top Bottom