Recommend me metal bands (short list included)

Ken

Ken

Associate
Hi,

Please post as many as you can that you'll think I'll like. Here's a list of what I've been listening to lately...

A Perfect Circle
Tool
Killswitch Engage
Lacuna Coil
Deftones
Cold
Taproot
Rammstein

Cheers.

Ken

Ken

Associate
OP
Cheers.

I have Demanufacture - it's pretty good. :D
I know someone who likes them - I'll see if he has Transgression.

I've heard a little from SOAD, QOTSA and RATM - not really my style I'm afraid.

Ken

Ken

Associate
OP
Thanks a lot guys. :)
I've heard a few songs from bands mentioned here such as "Colony", "I Could Care Less" and "Pull Harder On The String Of Your Martyr". I like them so I'll check out their respective albums. I tend to avoid oldies such as Metallica and Black Sabbath. I can't quite put my finger on why but in general I didn't like what I heard although I do own "The Best Of Motorhead" which is really good. The bands listed in my first post took a few listens to get into unlike the bands listed at the end of this post but it was worth it. I'm looking to expand my collection in this direction as I've pretty much stopped listening to old favourites such as Linkin Park, Fuel and Evanescence.

Ken

Ken

Associate
OP
A5H said:
Trivium of course!
Wow! I bought Ascendancy today after checking out a few reviews and downloading "Like Light To The Flies" last night (impressive song) from their website and I haven't stopped listening to it. This album is amazing. "The Decieved" is my favourite right now but only just. Incredible talent considering how old they are. I love the mix of screaming/growling and melodic vocals as well as the heavy riffs. I'm not sure how valid the comparison between Trivium and Metallica is as I haven't heard much of the latter but I love Killswitch Engage and Trivium are very similar in style.

Cheers A5H
rockon.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom