recommend me some good old school R&B

Soldato
Not looking for any of the crappy new stuff like Usher etc. I'm after some good old R&B like maybe Otis Reading and Marvin Gaye. Anyone god a good list of artists and albums?

Thanks.

Sanchez said:
I wouldn't dignify his pointless post with a reply tbh.

it was gonna be a longer post with some suggestions but food beckoned me. mmmm foood. Right, was gonna suggest john legend as well, along with lyfe jennings but after you reply im pondering. Id suggest getting a wonderfull cd called "Respect: the Soundtrack to the Soul Generation" ok so its got soul in the title name but its kinda old r'n'b ish to me, and sounds awesome!

Pour a bit of Aretha into your ears :) Al Green, Sam Cooke and Barry White of course.

You could always pick up some Motown classics if you're into a bit of Marvin Gaye.

Sanchez said:
Perhaps a passing mod could insert the worl 'old' into my thread title please.
Your wish is my command :)

gib786 said:
it was gonna be a longer post with some suggestions but food beckoned me. mmmm foood. Right, was gonna suggest john legend as well, along with lyfe jennings but after you reply im pondering. Id suggest getting a wonderfull cd called "Respect: the Soundtrack to the Soul Generation" ok so its got soul in the title name but its kinda old r'n'b ish to me, and sounds awesome!
Sorry, me reply was directed at:
There is no good R&B, sorry for the disappointment.
not you :)

Thanks for the suggestions (and editing Gilly). I've got Respect: The best or Aretha and it's gooood. I'll check out the rest too. Any more suggestions are welcome :)

Back
Top Bottom