Recommend Restaurants in Rome

Associate
Hi

Me and the wife are going to Rome soon, could anyone with some experience of Rome recommend some restaurants? We are staying near the station.

Thanks

Soldato
I assume 'the station' is Termini Station? If so watch your pockets around there and keep your hands in them at all times. My wife and I visited Rome last July and had a great time overall. We stayed near Manzoni station at Eurostars St.John (total dump imo).

I found the best places for food was across the river away from all the tourist trap eateries in Trastevere. It is a stunning place to visit and since it is out of the way you get a lot of italian locals there just chilling and eating. As a result you feel a lot more relaxed being away from the hustle and bustle of the main city area.

I'd recommend not specifically looking for restaurants to eat in, but walking around and finding places on your own. Avoid places with staff members trying to flag you down, they're just looking to rip you off.

Having said that you will no doubt goto the Colloseaum and you'll likely walk it given where you are situated. On 'Via di.S.Giovanni in Laterano' right beside a Roman Forum Ruins are a suite of shops you cannot miss. There is a really nice Geletaria there, it is easy to miss so it is next door to The Pizza Forum, which as you can guess is a tourist trap place but not bad for food I must admit.

Trastevere
Dar Poeta - a sit down pizzeria that folks rave about. The queues can be a bit long though. Had a great time here and the food was terrific.
Seu Pizza Illuminati - South Trastevere. Another pizzeria of very high quality.

Elsewhere
http://www.pizzeriabaffetto.it/ - A lovely place in Piazza Navona. Great food, and prices aren't high.

https://romevacationtips.com/ - A superb guide by a redditor who lives in the city. It helped me a great deal.

Edit: Sorry for typos. Typed this out in a rush! I'll update this as I recall good places I went to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom