Recommend some 4 player co-op RPGs

Associate
So myself and 3 old friends are getting back into our D&D. We used to play pen & paper D&D 3.5 at school, 15-20 years ago, and we'd really like to try something out online.

We've been playing through the original campaign in Neverwinter Nights 2, but it's not particularly well geared towards co-op play, and is as buggy as hell. I've played through WoW to level 80, so aren't really interested in that. I also don't think an MMORPG is for us, as we want something we have a bit more control over with mods, etc.

We'd prefer a slightly older game as, although I'm running a top-notch rig, the others are going to be running on gaming laptops. Something like co-op Oblivion would be ideal. So, what do you recommend? Something with some proper character building, a good story, epic quests, etc.

Soldato
Neverwinter Nights
Icewind Dale + Icewind Dale II
Baulder's Gate + Baulder's Gate II

About lotr online, im in a group but aint played with others yet as i just done the tutorial (up to level 5) i presume its easy enough to get together tho im not 100% sure during tutorial 0-5 levels. Takes an hour or 2 to do the tutorial. But tbh id search for the official thread for lotr online and ask in there.

Last edited:
Associate
I'd go for a free to play mmo like D&D Online, LOTRO or EQ 2.

There aren't that many decent co op games with much mod support apart from NWN 2.

Back
Top Bottom