Recommendation needed EVGA P2 750W or Corsair HX750i

Associate
OP
Thanks for your reply. Good to know about EVGA's UK centre. I must say EVGA appeals to me a lot. Being nitpicky it's the stiff cables I'm not looking forward to working with. My sons pc uses EVGA G2 and it was not as good installing as my rip Corsair AX750.

Corsair link is also something that interest Mr though. It may be a gimmick but a rather nice gimmick to have :)

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for your reply. Good to know about EVGA's UK centre. I must say EVGA appeals to me a lot. Being nitpicky it's the stiff cables I'm not looking forward to working with. My sons pc uses EVGA G2 and it was not as good installing as my rip Corsair AX750.

Corsair link is also something that interest Mr though. It may be a gimmick but a rather nice gimmick to have :)

And just an FYI, all our HXi PSUs have been bumped from a 7 year warranty to 10 years.

Associate
OP
Yes, thanks for that I was aware. I must admit if it was still 7 years I wouldn't consider Corsair at all. Putting it bluntly I wouldn't touch Superflower Leadex simpy because of 5 years warranty. At that says a lot as it's probably the best psu out there.

I'm actually now also considering RM750i as read quite a few positive reviews.

So far the major advantage of EVGA is in superior ripple suppresion but I treasure silence probably just a bit more than massive overclock.

All the reviews I've read state that Corsair is far superior in terms of noise.

Since I had to go with a cheaper unit while waiting for rma process to concude I'm currently running CX500 and the difference to EVGA G2 or Corsair AX750 is staggering. Hope it won't take long now :)

Associate
The Super Flower Leadex 750w Platinum is on this week only deals.
OCUK are trying to get them to extend the warranties - they have to hear officially from Super Flower first.
It's mad that EVGA can repackage the same PSU and give twice the warranty.

As for noise - I've got the Super Flower Leadex 750w gold and it's silent, as I've yet to hear the fan spin up; it's operating passively all the time for me (no fan) as it hasn't gotten hot enough yet for the fan to spin.
I should imagine the Platinum and the EVGA P2 will be similar but a bit better - so effectively they'll be silent unless you're really pushing them hard.
Do you plan on using your PC to run stress tests all the time?

(I was also worried about noise, but really, the SF leadex 750 gold is silent)

Associate
OP
Thanks for your input. I know the warranty situation is crazy but I'm prepared to spend a bit extra for another 5 years as it stands. I've seen the deal and would be really tempted otherwise. Shame as I rate Super Flower above Seasonic and Channel Well.

My son's got an EVGA G2 750W in his system and though not loud I always felt my AX750 was quieter.

I've read reviews on Tom's Hardware that have P2 750W about 10dba louder than RM750i which is twice as loud. Apparently 650W P2 is quieter but I want one psu for the next decade and need to make sure I don't restrict myself.

Associate
OP
And just an FYI, all our HXi PSUs have been bumped from a 7 year warranty to 10 years.

Cheeky question would 10 year warranty only apply to units purchased from authorised resellers?

I found RM750i somewhere else sold by reputable business which isn't on the list of authorised resellers. It's £81.71 delivered which is at least £20 less than anywhere else.

Last edited:
Associate
I've read reviews on Tom's Hardware that have P2 750W about 10dba louder than RM750i which is twice as loud. Apparently 650W P2 is quieter but I want one psu for the next decade and need to make sure I don't restrict myself.
It's actually more than twice as loud; 6db is twice as loud - though it would probably take an increase of 10db to sound twice as loud subjectively.
You'd probably have to be pushing them to get the fans in either to spin.

Associate
OP
That's a fair point. It's a fine balance to get the PSU that's small enough so it operates at a decent efficiency and big enough so it runs quiet :) while not spending loads.

Soldato
If your using a 750 g2 in a single gpu system i doubt the fan would ever come on if ya use eco mode. It takes long enough for it to come on with my 850 in this system.

Associate
Just bought me an Evga G2 850w today with 10 year warranty. Ive heard very good things about this PSU. Overclockers are very competitive atm. Cant wait to get my pc built . I only need around 600w but decided on 850w to have some power in hand. Hopefully i can run in eco mode but the Titan X may disagree . Hehe

Associate
OP
I eventually pulled a trigger and went with Corsair AX760 arriving tomorrow. Thought might as well treat myself.

Was so close to getting P2 though but 10 years warranty as well and it suits my colour scheme :) and I must admit I really liked my AX750.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Associate
OP
No denying it's a great unit. I went with Seasonic/Corsair due to slightly better acoustic performance at load as well as the fact my son is running 750w G2. Just wanted first hand long term comparison. Oh and my built is black and red and AX matches that :)

Associate
OP

Wonder if you could comment... I eventually went with AX760 and was under impression that it came with 10 year warranty. AX being the higher range only bettered by AXi.

I've now realised it was only AXi that was upped to 10 years along with cheaper HXi, RMx, RMi.

Back
Top Bottom