Recommendation needed for tidying network cables

Soldato
Hi all,

Would appreciate some suggestions for how to tidy-up/disguise the mess of network cables I have...

Not far off finishing my ground floor study, where I've currently got the Sky Fibre router & a Yuanley 11 port POE switch.

I have 5x POE cameras & doorbell around the property, plus 2x Cat6 feeds to the lounge AV gear. A single cat6 run to the upstairs 16 port gigabit switch (eventually 4x bedroom TVs, 2x Xbox, 3x kids' PCs and upstairs WiFi router set as AP).

(Please excuse the mess - it's the final room in the house to be finished, so it's become a bit of a dumping ground/workshop)

8x CAT6 cables (outdoor rated) come into the room in the corner under the window (I used a piece of 80mm conduit), with approx 1.5-2m of excess length coiled up, then into the 11 port Yuanley POE switch.

The switch is wall mounted low above the Sky Fibre point, with a single internal Cat6 cable which will be hidden in corner trunking to the Sky Router (on the shelf above where the TV will be mounted).

I'm pretty much decided that's where I want the kit to stay, so I can trim the majority of the excess length off the cables that exit under the window.

I don't think a 1U patch panel is suitable, as I'd prefer a more discrete solution.

I'm thinking some sort of compact/low profile consumer cabinet or 2x surface-mounted back box with 6x ethernet ports, wall-mounted just above the conduit & Fibre point - I've approx 450mm of width, unless I use the wall above the power sockets (1200mm+)

What solutions did you guys come up with for your shrine to the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Soldato
Something like 'TRENDnet 8-Port Cat6A Shielded Wall Mount Patch Panel, 1000BASE-T/ 10GBASE-T Support, Wall mounting Options, Compatible with cat5e, cat6, cat6a, 110 or Krone Type, TC-P08C6AS'

embed

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
As promised:

I've reduced the excess, but need to decide which IKEA Besta unit I'm mounting (POE Switch will be hidden inside)

Flooring is down and just need to touch-up the odd mark on skirting, before I set my desk & daybed up...

Back
Top Bottom