Recommendations garage floor paint.

Associate
OP
saw this when i had a look earlier. seen some reviews of it coming up and not being very strong. Have you found this to be the case?

Not bothered about it taking ages to dry garage isn't used daily.

Soldato
I've just been looking into this as the slab has just been poured for my new garage, i think i'll be going the 2 pack epoxy resin route, more expensive but it seems to last a lot longer than the normal paint. Think you really need to use some form of acid etch cleaner on it first for it to bond properly so need to factor that in too.

One of the makes which keeps coming up is Regal.

The other option is tiles but i can't really be bothered with them

Associate
saw this when i had a look earlier. seen some reviews of it coming up and not being very strong. Have you found this to be the case?

Not bothered about it taking ages to dry garage isn't used daily.

not had any problems with it. the first coat I added some thinner to it, left it to dry for a few days then gave it a full top coat. no complaints at all.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I looked at all the options when looking to do ours, paint, epoxy, tiles etc.

In the end being an idiot with this sort of thing I paid a local flooring company to do it for me :)

Concrete floor on a new build, not smooth and so dusty. They polished it and then used epoxy resin.

Wasn't a perfect smooth finish as that would have taken longer on the prep (and cost more), but it's still a great finish for just a home garage and should last (it's been down 2 years so far).

Soldato
If you keep your car in the garage all year round then definitely go for epoxy or floor tiles.
If your floor is very flat then good quality tiles would be a good option.

Avoid the cheaper PU paints, they look good and are easy to apply but fall down massively on durability.
I went with a PU paint at first and when the weather worsened the wet floor combined with the car tyres soon had the paint flaking and lifting up.
It's a total pain to remove it and have it redone after that.

Soldato
Do it properly the first time around if you can afford it. Tiles ala Scoobydoo69 or Epoxy.

I used garage floor paint as I couldn't afford to do the whole garage just after moving into the house and it looks like a plasterer's radio now.

Associate
OP
Would this do the trick?https://www.regalfloorpaint.co.uk/product/high-build-epoxy-garage-floor-paint-gpaint03.html https://www.regalfloorpaint.co.uk/product/high-build-epoxy-garage-floor-paint-gpaint03.html

Cant afford to go tiles option.Mines a new build also and around 3 years old now. I agree above that the dust is so annoying. Dont use garage to store car at present. But in a couple years i plan on buying a toy and storing it in my garage

Back
Top Bottom