Recommendations wanted for a new gaming monitor

Soldato
I’ve been using an ageing Samsung TV as a monitor for years, but that has gone bang (literally) so I need a replacement. Despite being ancient it’s possible that this was a Samsung equivalent of a VA panel (PVA/sPVA?) but I can’t find any official information anywhere, other than a 178°/178° viewing angle.

I’m looking to spend £150-300 on the monitor, depending on what is available in that price range (with the plan of getting something really nice during the January sales and handing this one down to the parents when I do). I’m happy with 60Hz since it’s what I’m used to, but I’m really not sure on the panel type I would want. I will mostly be using it for gaming which ordinarily would warrant a TN panel, but the potential colour/contrast/brightness changes of different viewing angles from TN panels (and less so the VA panels) worries me somewhat. IPS would seem ideal for viewing angle and colour, but I’m not sure if these perform well for gaming, especially the lower budget models I would be looking at. The main thing that worries me is the possibility of dead/bright pixels or sub-pixels, so a good dead pixel guarantee or the option of the retailer doing a pixel test would be ideal.

If anyone could give some recommendations on the lower and higher end of that price range that would be appreciated.

Associate
I'm super happy with mine. Model is in my Sig but they don't sell them here so use googs lol

32" IPS fantastic colors and image after minor tweaking. 144hz too, so great for gaming only. Only down side is 1080p, but then I play fps mainly so I like super high frames.

Back
Top Bottom