Recommended out of the box eCommerce site?

Soldato
My parents want to put a part of their business online and have approached me to help them. I've done a bit of research in to off the shelf eCommerce sites but the choice is bewildering. In the late 90s and early 00s I did a bit of web development. Fastforward 15 years and I have well and truly abandoned it and work in Marketing but have kept my hand in reasonably straightforward IT skills so it's not outside of my abilities to set up and skin a site for them.

I've looked briefly at a Wordpress install with WooCommerce, Shopify and 1&1 hosting. I could really do with some assistance:

They want something that handles stock inventory at the back end
They want something that allows them to either set up a direct debit or schedule a series of regular payments
Are there any other of the shelf products to consider?

The other part of the brief is they don't want to pay for a bespoke build and it needs to be really easy to use at the back end to run the order reports etc.

Thanks for any advice

Associate
Had a play about with Volusion and Shopify a while ago, both more than capable of producing adequate e-commerce sites. Shopify can get expensive if you need to buy apps.

If you are selling products with a lot of options, like colour, size, fit etc etc I found it easier to do with Volusion as I had to buy third party apps with Shopify if it was over complex.

Some really nice templates for both. Best thing to do is take advantage of the free, no obligation, trail they both offer.

Last edited:
Permabanned
You can even try prestashop.com or Magento in that case.

For specialize Ecommerce Hosting you can need someone better than 1and1 I have migrated from them years back to : Webhost.UK.Net, I am also doing some projects for my customer who are hosted with Webhosting UK found there support pretty immpressive you can try check them out.

Back
Top Bottom