Recommended Video Editing Software for Vlogging ?

Associate
Hey Guys,

I want to do some vlogging and cut and edit videos, maybe add music that kind of thing, it may turn into a hobby and i am wondering what is the goto software on the market, i have hearn people say Sony Vegas or Adobe Premier Pro is the way to go, but what is easier to pick up and run with? What do the majority of youtubers use or is it very much a 50/50 split and just down to personal preference?

Associate
I use Davinci Resolve, it's used in the film industry and there's a free version with some features cut out (ones you aren't likely to want anyway).

It's what let me finally dump my adobe subscription.

Associate
+1 for Davinci Resolve. Wanted something to edit 4k video from my Panasonic TZ100. I am finding it easy enough to learn and does what I need plus being free you are not having shell out £££ to find you don't get on with it.

Soldato
I use FCPX but that's mainly because I don't make too many videos but when I do I like to try and learn, and I found a couple of good channels I like that give decent FCPX tutorials.

I tried Resolve but couldn't invest the time into learning something new. I imagine that there are plenty of good tutorials out there though.

Associate
OP
I was thinking Vegas or Premier Pro was the way forward or the popular choices, I will give Davinci a download and see how i get on with that.

Associate
+1 for Davinci Resolve. Was a user of FCPX for many many years and gave Davinci Resolve a spin in the Xmas holidays and have edited three short family trailers and haven't missed FCPX.

Decent colour correction, easy enough timeline and good multicam and stabilisation fix out of the box.

Associate
I use Avid Media Composer, it's the standard for the film industry - but obviously it can be used for editing anything else too. It's also the benchmark that other editing software was designed to be similar to, you'll find that most of them are very similar to use in the most basic sense.

They recently lowered prices down to affordable levels so it's worth it for me. But they do also do a free version with cut down features - Avid Media Composer First - worth checking out. https://www.avid.com/media-composer-first

Never tried Resolve for editing, only colour correction, but I can imagine it's a very solid option. If you end up wanting to pay because you need to upgrade for some reason -- I'd suggest Avid Media Composer or Adobe Premier. And for that reason, it's worth learning them if you can -- I would avoid FCPX or Vegas, because they'll likely be dead-ends in the future.

Soldato
I'm going to say Premiere pro and after effects over the others mentioned, plenty of tutorials online and fits well with the rest of my adobe workflow.

If you are a Mac user though Final Cut Pro is pretty good.

If you are looking for something quick, simple to use and cheap take a look at Wondershare Filmora Pro.

Back
Top Bottom