Recruiting an opencart developer to build an audio player into my site

Caporegime
I was being dead serious :)

One point I'd like to mention is that you don't seem to have a desktop mode button. Site looks great on mobile, but it's always the first thing I look for when browsing a site.

Associate
OP
i know what you mean, problem is the framework is either responsive or it isnt. if its not it looks the same on all devices like the desktop and its not very nice ( dosent score me high on google insights either due to tap size) with it being responsive, it looks more like an app on mobile and more like a desktop database on the pc/laptop/tablet

Associate
When I had a quick glance at the Opencart documentation out of curiosity, I noticed there was the option to enable SEO friendly links. Perhaps ticking that will generate the slugs for SEO of the product urls.

Associate
OP
Yeah it's on the list of things to do to tweak I'll look into it found some competition the other day splice sounds and they're destroying me even though I had the idea in 2012 never was able to financially portray it. Got a lot of market research to do but right now focusing on linking the global player to the products themselves and attaching in the sound cloud api etc

Associate
Hey,
sorry for the late reply :) anyway i had another look at your site, indeed looks nice and cool ;)
Anyway if you need any tips regarding SEO or the Opencart let me know send me PM here if you wish :)

Associate
OK on the SEO it's a start :)

BUT you want a plan where all this is going

at the moment you have "SYNTHWAVE-INSPIRATIONS-VOLUME-ONE-STUDIO-ARCADIA"

get rid of the all caps

Volume one is not helpful (in SEO terms)

How many artists will you have (and categories) ?

I'll use an example to show where I'm going with this since I don't know your market / product very well

So for electric bikes we have Manufactures (artists in your case) categories and then the product itself

So a product URL might look like:

yoursite.co.uk/electric-bike/haibike/commuter/product

see the difference ?

Associate
Sorry - I should have been clearer - those slashes are not something you put in
The URL is formed by concatenating variables together:

ocparams.png

Associate
OP
I originally emailed top people from the scene, but it's been a bit of a mess around and my now competitor seems to have them locked down in contracts. I have about 10 designers, but moving forward I'll just open it up so anyone can apply, it makes it more transparent and community driven.

Back
Top Bottom