Recruiting an opencart developer to build an audio player into my site

Associate
What do you mean by designers? Front-end web designers? I am not sure if by that you mean people who design the music samples or web designers :p

Associate
OP
Site is now in what I call alpha 0.4 once all the designer dashboard integration is complete and the audio player and all associated bugs (there's tons) it will fall into beta. Had a lot of feedback saying the dark theme is great but a light theme would be good too, experimented with a skin selector but because the code is complex and rendered server side it's not possible. Another avenue would have been 2 stores on seperate sub domains sharing one database and then a skin selector effectively navigating to the chosen skin respectively but it seems like a lot of work.

Associate
You can just store the user preference for light or dark in the browser or associate their preference with their cookie in a database. No need for sub domains.

You can toggle the theme client side with a bit of javascript and css work too.

I personally preferred the previous look :).

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Im in need of a developer if your there scotty. Current developer has had some personal family issue and cannot proceed. hes half finished the audio player project but ive been left high and cold as its unfinished. Hes created a readme for any pros[pecting new developer. it reads:

AUDIOPLAYER RESOURCES

.htaccess
File is used to create alternate index entry.php which creates 2 iframes. One for original index.php (OpenCart) and one for audiplayer.php.

index.php
This is the original index.php from OpenCart (with VQMod update). No changes made by audioplayer. It is opened in the 1st iframe.

entry.php
This file is opened before index.php and creates the 2 iframes. If it is called with a POST, the supplied URL given is fed to index.php.

audioplayer.php
This file is opened in the second iframe. All functions for the audioplayer are in here.

audioplayer.ocmod.xml
This is the ocmod file which is installed in OpenCart via the admin 'extension installer'. It modifies the header to relay navigation in OpenCart to the entry.php so we keep the persistent audio player.

wavecache.php
This file caches audio waveform data into the audio folder for faster loading on playback.

audio [folder]
This folder contains the audio files used by the audioplayer. It also contains wave cache data.

The audioplayer primarily uses the wavesurfer.js module which can be found here: http://wavesurfer-js.org/

Associate
I think the header is too big (and confusing), it takes up almost a third of the height of the screen on a Macbook Air, with 17 links, a huge logo and a shopping cart that looks like a search box.

Associate
OP
agreed and duly taken, thats the beauty of investing in my own infrastructure. Ive made the changes to the negatives you stated within minutes. how does it look now ?

edit: also the categories are being overhauled, the will not exist in their current state anymore and genres will become an attribute that is selectable in the filter, not as a category.

Associate
OP
i can safely say it came along nicely :)

capture690.jpg

Associate
Yes you've done a wonderful job :D. Almost finished then for your v1.0?

Oh and I just realised you asked for me in Jun, sorry I never saw :(.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
yeah its pretty much open season now, its expanded from sounds to gfx, mastering, music and such. Been mentioned on some radio shows, its just population time now. Would be nice to be re written from dodgy iframe to something else but thats a project for next week i think.

Back
Top Bottom