Red Orchestra 2: Rising Storm - Debut Trailer

Nice to see that we've actually got some new maps for RS, anybody from the forums play it often?

I've actually tried it again recently and it finally works for me now :D

I had an issue when the game was first released whereby after a few minutes in game I would get huge lag spikes, get a message on screen saying 'Speed Hack Detected' then be banned from the server. I brought up the issue on the Tripwire forums only to get responses blaming the spec of my Pc and internet connection. I posted in another thread with people reporting the same issues that if I ran the game in the Beta mode it worked fine, but normal game was broken for me, people in the thread were labeled cheaters and told to upgrade their rigs and stop complaining, as soon as somebody mentioned refunds the thread was locked, deleted, and I think some people where banned from posting. It was pretty disgusting tbh and I have no respect for the people who run their forums.

It's a shame because I really like the game, it seems so vastly improved now from what it was and I've really enjoyed some of the games I've had recently. I just need to find a bit more time to play it more regularly now as I have no knowledge of any of the maps and have very little awareness of whats going on sometimes, I'm pretty much and easy kill for everybody :D

Remember if you download RO2 for free tomorrow you also have access to Rising Storm for free. Only catch is you're limited to playing as a rifleman and no ranking up classes/weapons.

I don't even know why I stopped playing this. It's so much more fun than all this arcadey nonsense that is everywhere. It's even managed to stop me playing Arma!

Think I downloaded about 65% last night Melbo. Game size is damn huge :S

Yeah they changed the way the engine works so new updates can be much, much smaller. All to do with a new way of cooking the files. Once you have this update then future ones should be "nay bother".

Am I missing something here? just tried the Maggot Hill map online and was getting shot from halfway across the map through trees and bushes. Is there a spot enemy key that marks people or something?

Z by default is used to "spot" enemies, but it's nothing like other games where you'll get a visual indicator as to where they might be - you need to be looking for movement or muzzle flashes, the whole idea is "realism".

Bring the map up (M) and you'll see the enemy markers for a rough idea of where they might be.

Z by default is used to "spot" enemies, but it's nothing like other games where you'll get a visual indicator as to where they might be - you need to be looking for movement or muzzle flashes, the whole idea is "realism".

Bring the map up (M) and you'll see the enemy markers for a rough idea of where they might be.

Played a few more games and it seems to be the maps with thick jungle areas where I'm struggling, checking the map all the time for those markers has been a little helpful though, I'm not running around completely blind anymore :p

I'm thinking of messing with some of the graphics settings and checking my monitor settings later on, I was testing it last night and found the areas with thick jungle just seem to be very dark, muddy in colour and just generally hard to scan for objects, then as soon as I'm out in the open it's fine. I'm gonna fiddle with some of the post process effects, depth of field and ambient occlusion settings as well and see if it makes any difference.

I had a similar issue on the Ps3 where there were a few games like Dragons Dogma and Dark Souls were just too dark in lower lit areas despite brightness settings, I think this could be the same issue.

Played a few more games and it seems to be the maps with thick jungle areas where I'm struggling, checking the map all the time for those markers has been a little helpful though, I'm not running around completely blind anymore :p

I'm thinking of messing with some of the graphics settings and checking my monitor settings later on, I was testing it last night and found the areas with thick jungle just seem to be very dark, muddy in colour and just generally hard to scan for objects, then as soon as I'm out in the open it's fine. I'm gonna fiddle with some of the post process effects, depth of field and ambient occlusion settings as well and see if it makes any difference.

I had a similar issue on the Ps3 where there were a few games like Dragons Dogma and Dark Souls were just too dark in lower lit areas despite brightness settings, I think this could be the same issue.

The game itself is difficult and the darker maps does make it difficult to spot people - which is why you shouldn't be running out in the open. It's quite realistic in this aspect. If you are going to be walking through thick jungle, it will be hard to see enemies which is why it's best to let the flamethrower go first and burn everything.

Back
Top Bottom