Redundancy

Soldato
Hi guys,

I got pulled into a meeting this morning and said my estates team are being restructured, but they were pretty vague in terms of when this might happen.

They put a redundancy package in front of me and said they are removing my role, and they will enhance the pay off with an extra 2.5k if i accept it this week. If i don't accept it this week, i will lose the extra pay and get made redundant anyway a few months down the line.

I left the meeting with no paper work, no minutes and no letters.

I have not been through this process before and to be honest feel a bit pressured / backed into a corner into taking this pay off.

I am speaking to my union in the morning, but wondered if anyone has had any experience with this, as I'm really worried?!

Soldato
OP
To put more context and figures to it, this is what they offered me.

I think statutory I get 5 weeks as I've been there 5 years, so about 2.5k

They offered 3k additional.

Then a bonus extra 2.5k if I accept this week, if I don't they will make me redundant a few months later anyway minus the 2.5k bonus.

In other words there trying to get me to go quick and quiet with a 2.5k incentive.

To feel comfortable I'd like 6months salary in my bank so there 4k short.

Also add they couldn't actually give me a timeline on the main redudency, so could be another 6 month's ?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Am I entitled to any benefit to cover any unemployment time if I take this offer?

I've applied for 6 jobs ready but who knows could take ages!

I'd be expected to leave July 19th

Soldato
OP
What I need to consider is if I take the pay off that will get me through 4 months of unemployment until the money runs out.

I will earn more money by staying in employment as it doesn't look likely that the estates team restructure will happen in the next 4 months, but that is a risk id be taking I suppose.

I'm tempted to ask for 6 month's pay and I'll go quietly tomorrow.

FYI I'm a Facilities Manager

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom