Referee trips over player, kicks out at him in anger and then sends the player off!

Soldato
Hi all,

This is a bit of a 'link and run' as I don't use the football forum much but wow what the hell!

So Nick Chapron is refereeing the Nantes vs PSG when, as PSG were on the break, he ran across the path of Nantes player Diego Carlos tripping himself up. After his tumble he kicks out at the player before collecting himself and giving Diego a second yellow card and sending him off.

There's been a lot of talk about "it was the ref's fault" with the referee being banned and the card rescinded as well as "it was the players fault" as he should have avoided the ref.

There's a video of the incident in the following link - https://uk.yahoo.com/sports/video/referee-kicks-nantes-player-then-084120774.html

Soldato
I thought this was amazing and unbelievable at the same time. Clatts will probably feel one upped and go even farther to be the biggest referring bell in the business.

Soldato
Overturned?

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/spor...after_appearing_to_kick_out_at_Nantes_player/

The referee has been stood down from duty “until further notice”, starting from his scheduled assignment for Wednesday’s Ligue 1 match between Angers and Troyes, and will face a disciplinary hearing with the French football league (LFP).

But Carlos will be clear to play against Toulouse the same evening after the second booking was rescinded by the LFP on Chapron’s advice.

To no ones surprise :p

Soldato
OP
Well it makes sense, although it is "good" to see that it was the ref himself who told the LFP that the card was a mistake but at least he's still in the poop for the kick-out.

Don
When I collided with Diego Carlos, I felt a sharp pain in an area where I had suffered a recent injury. In a terrible reflex, I stretched out my leg to the player. This clumsy gesture was inappropriate.

This is genuinely his explanation btw :D

Back
Top Bottom