Refilling epson cartridges (r220)?

Associate
I have an apson r220 which is soon going to run out of ink. I may be able to get some very large genuine epson cartridges for one of their pro printers cheap. What I was thinking of doing was refilling my r220 carts with the inks from the other carts. I have a syringe but the only instructions I could find on the net talk about needing a plug to reseal the filling hole.

Has anyone refilled carts and could shed any light on this? The big carts I may be able to get have about 6 times the ink that the r220 ones have and I could get them for about £4-5 so it would be substantially cheaper if I can do it. I already have black an yellow carts.

I have heard bad stories about using compatibles causing head blockage. I have seen a CIS system for about the same price as a set of epson carts but the ink obviously won't be genuine epson.

thanks

Soldato
given the cheapness of refills I would never go to the trouble of filling my cartridges myself anyway. If you are careful in the cartridges you use you should not have a problem. I have been using a brand called Black Diamond 4 over three years now on three epson printers without any trouble.

Soldato
I have a Epson dx4800, and my ink cost £1, and the inks are superb quality when I printout my photos, there only 1 prob, the inks are not water proof like the geniune ones are

Back
Top Bottom