1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Refurbished AIO

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Chrisc, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Chrisc

Hitman

2. pastymuncher

Man of Honour

Personally I wouldn't buy a refurbed AIO, PSU or Hard Drive. If you do decide to go ahead I would clarify the warranty situation first. It says 5 years in the description but that's probably been cut and pasted from the normal retail version. If it is anything like Corsair's refurbished psu's the warranty can be as little as 90 days.

3. Robbie_G

Gangster

Hi,

The warranty is one year for that unit. I will get the description updated.

They are decent units with a low failure rate. The price is also crazy on that unit.

4. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

Well, I'm reliably informed by people who know far better than me (with far less experience), that these things never ever go wrong any more... which makes you wonder why it had to be refurbished, but never mind.

I have bought refurbed AIOs before, and from OCUK at that. One lasted several years beyond the warranty, one failed shortly after it ended. Others that were brand new failed within a few months of purchase.
    TBH, at that price and with the refurb potentially being a second QC check, I'd certainly consider it.

5. Yadda

Wise Guy

Really? Where was that?

6. Relentless81

Sgarrista

I bought a refurbished H50 I think it was many moons back to cool a 290X, the older 120mm one

Worked fine I didn't have any issues, I sold it on here to someone I wonder if its still going strong for them

7. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

Sorry, I wasn't really paying enough attention to make a note of it... I'm sure it will pop up again at some point, though.

8. Yadda

Wise Guy

Ah, ok. :)

9. Chrisc

Hitman

Cheers, i think ill pick one up

10. varkanoid

Sgarrista

Yeah I had one of the 120mm worked fine.

11. MassiveJim

Wise Guy

I don't see buying a refurb that much different than buying one 2nd hand, and I have bought all of my AIOs from MM.
    so far I haven't had a failure.
    How reliable are these generally considered to be ?
    like at what point do you consider it needs replacing ?

12. Oblivion007

Associate

When buying a refurbed anything you need to make sure the warranty is suitable for your needs.

13. MikeTheNative

Sgarrista

I bought a refurbished H100 from OCUK, about 5 years ago I think. It still works to this day, I have recently got a newer model though.

14. MaXxBoulton

Gangster

i have a refurbished H55 cooling a my mum's media center, its been there for 3 years and still works as it should

15. Apone70

Gangster

For that price you cant really go wrong mate

16. doyll

Soldato

I don't know about can't go wront for the price. You can get an air cooler like Scythe Themralright TRUE Spirit 140 Power, Mugen 5 or Mugen, Phanteks PH-TC14PE, Prolimatech Megahelms, Raijintek Tisis, etc for similar money that will cool as well, quieter and never wear out other than fan after many years. I have to wonder about H115 CLC. It takes a significant number of RMAs to warrant the cost of 'refurbishing' to sell to recoup losses .. and with these refurbs are being sold everywhere it would seem they have had a significant number of problems or have found they don't last long enough to warrant the normal 5 year warranty so are selling new units as refurbs to limit warranty to 1 years instead of 5 years. ;)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019