Relaxing Games

Soldato
Another older title I don't see mentioned is 'Eufloria' (I've only played the classic version not the HD one) - Basically just plant trees, migrate spores to other planets, rinse and repeat.... Very easy to play for 10 hours without realising.

I was indignant because I had already mentioned this. Except I see that I haven't in this thread. It was quite recent, so there must be another 'relaxing games' thread floating around here somewhere.

Soldato
Not so far for me, but you're eventually unlocking ore extractors, and seems like there's stuff for automation (seeing one achievement). So I'm not sure it'd be a big deal?

Maybe not. Was just a minor niggle because I have a mining gun thing but had to get as close as if I had a manual pickaxe.
Enjoyed what I played.

Soldato
I quite like world of warships for a relaxing game. It's slow paced, but also needs a bit of thought to play well, so it's not boring. It can be not relaxing, but since it's not twitchy I consider it relaxing

Soldato
World of Warcraft (Play style Dependant)

But I used to find questing, levelling professions and farming herbs etc extremely relaxing.. Places like Wetlands, Stranglethorn Vale etc.

A lovely escape IMO, if only I had the time.

Stardew valley, dorfromantik , townscapes, balatro, Minecraft are all good casual games

+1 for Balatro, one for the poker fans as it's a poker sim. Very small game (only 65 megabytes!) but plenty of stuff to do in there with item unlocks and achievements. Although not as new, I also enjoy Poker Night 2. Both are single player games and got both from Steam.

World of Warcraft (Play style Dependant)

That's impressive if WoW is still going as that makes it 20 years this year. I played solidly from late 2005 to late 2009 when it was all the rage, then a brief stint in summer 2014. The content was still decent in 2014 but most players played silently which gave no sense of community. This took the "buzz" out of the game for me. Dread to think what the next 10 years 2014-2024 would have been like.

Soldato
Thanks for this thread. I've been after relaxing games for a while. Specially if they're playable mainly with mouse controls.

Added the suggestions to my wishlist and installed some of the ones in my library.

I'll add:
Islanders - Simple minimal city builder
Kingdoms and Castles - Simple but less minimal city builder, small learning curve
LEGO Builder's Journey- Different to the adventure games, this is a puzzle game with LEGO pieces
Capybara Spa - incredibly simple but relaxing, if you like Capybaras. (it's almost a clicker/idle game)

I've also just played some idle/clicker games to occupy time occasionally: AdVenture Capitalist, Realm Grinder, there are lots on Steam.

Associate
If you like skiing, snowboarding or extreme sports both Steep and Riders Republic are extremely relaxing in sandbox/zen modes.

Also some sims like PC Building Sim or Two Point Campus.

Soldato
Do you like walking?
Helping people?
Beautiful landscapes?
Peaceful music and a plot that requires no thought?

Have a look at Death Stranding.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Back
Top Bottom