• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Release dates for the super cards

If anything prices of current cards won’t budge and the Supers will be more than their plain equivalent. Honestly, do you even NVidia?
A couple of articles I read today, are saying the 4080 super will be about $1000-$1100.

How credible that is, I don't know but not as bad as expected, and similar to the 4080 when it was released originally I think?

A couple of articles I read today, are saying the 4080 super will be about $1000-$1100.

How credible that is, I don't know but not as bad as expected, and similar to the 4080 when it was released originally I think?
You can already buy the 4080 for £1000 and have been able to for a while so a super version offering 5% more performance for £1000 or even £1100 isn’t exactly a deal when the card should have cost around £800 in the first place and will likely be replaced by a £600 5070 by this time next year.

You can already buy the 4080 for £1000 and have been able to for a while so a super version offering 5% more performance for £1000 or even £1100 isn’t exactly a deal when the card should have cost around £800 in the first place and will likely be replaced by a £600 5070 by this time next year.
The articles were American, so in dollars, i didn't do a typo. Maybe they'll be a bit less in pounds. Doubt it though!

The articles were American, so in dollars, i didn't do a typo. Maybe they'll be a bit less in pounds. Doubt it though!
It’s currently around $1.27 to a pound, but manufractures rarely follow this and just change the $ to £ and pocket the extra.

Also, a standard 4080 in white is currently £280 more than the cheapest 4080, £999.95. I’ve heard of a white tax, but 28% is ridiculous.

Last edited:
It’s currently around $1.27 to a pound, but manufractures rarely follow this and just change the $ to £ and pocket the extra.

Also, a standard 4080 in white is currently £280 more than the cheapest 4080, £999.95. I’ve heard of a white tax, but 28% is ridiculous.
Is that nvidia tax?

The only one in the line up I'd even consider is the 4070ti "Super" and that's at a push.

These are the cards they should have released originally, hell they're arguably not even that.

The pricing is going to be carp.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom