Relocation Packages/Negotiation

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It sounds like they bent you over.

Ok, so technically they're going to "base" you in Edinburgh to satisfy the paperwork but you're still expected to travel 450 miles? Even if they're paying for the travel, what about the time? the days/weeks/months of your life lost to travelling. I imagine you'll spend 1% of your week at that base and be on the road for the rest of it.

Yes, you will have expected to travel before you signed.. but 450 miles? It sounds like they didn't want you to ask about money so they've jumped in and pulled the wool in your eyes here!

Caporegime

Ok, so technically they're going to "base" you in Edinburgh to satisfy the paperwork but you're still expected to travel 450 miles? Even if they're paying for the travel, what about the time? the days/weeks/months of your life lost to travelling. I imagine you'll spend 1% of your week at that base and be on the road for the rest of it.

Yes, you will have expected to travel before you signed.. but 450 miles? It sounds like they didn't want you to ask about money so they've jumped in and pulled the wool in your eyes here!
But it does mean that at the end of every week he will be able to get back to his home on the company? That was the main issue?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Ok, so let's say he finishes the job on Friday at 2pm. How quickly does he get home, if travelling 450 miles?

I think they did what they could to make it seem better but in reality all they've done is satisfy the books and make it seem like the job is based at home when in reality it's probably all travelling anyway.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the further comments and sorry for taking so long to respond! It looks like my schedule will be Mon-Thu away from home (if required to be on client site), and at home any other time. On the basis that it's all expensed, I'm not too concerned.

Soldato

It doesn't sound like he will be travelling 450 miles now though, his base will be Edinburgh and he'll be travelling to customer sites I assume to provide come kind of consultancy service, which is the job he knowingly went for. It just means he doesn't have to travel the 450 miles to the office to then go on to somewhere else from what I can understand from the posts? This obviously means he won't need to relocate and live 450 miles away so that's the big difference.

Back
Top Bottom