Remapping my car

Soldato
Firstly, nice car you have there. A few of these remap places let you try out the remap first before parting with your cash.

I suppose the reason why I am not surprised that you wont gain a big performance difference is because its NA and not a turbo. I'd say give it a shot and if you are pleased with the slight increase in speed and more torque, go for it.

As for RPM, I'd probably say leave it as it in, running the engine at high speed wont be nice on the engine, especially if you are always ragging it. :p

Soldato
I'd go for the remap and leave the rev limit alone. Having read Corky bells book on tuning turbo cars, he reckons tuning a turbo engine properly (with supporting mods, cooling etc) to give a 100% increase in power with the same rev limit causes the engine less stress in inertial loading than raising the rev limit as the inertial loading goes up with the square of the rpm increase IIRC. I guess Simion would know a bit more about this sort of stuff though. :)

Soldato
OP
Noxis said:
PMKeates: Is this remap going to give you better MPG? Also what about insurance, does it need to be declared?
Apparently, if you were to drive a remapped vehicle in exactly the same manner as prior to it being remapped, fuel economy should increase - although not by a huge amount.

It does need to be declared, as does everything. I found that some companies consider manufacturer, factory installed options as modifications the other day!

Back
Top Bottom