Remember the Hiper 'Explosive' 580W PSUs? Why did they blow up?

Associate
I bought one of those, weird, i was just thinking about that the other day (i need a new psu for a project). I still have the tub thing with all my random assortment of pc screws and stuff in.

Associate
I'm wondering where my tub went to now. It was in use for years as my "PC bits and bobs" storage box. Funny how such a small thing made such an impression on so many.

PSU didn't blow up but pretty sure it was responsible for taking out a graphics card, so got replaced back in 2009.

Soldato
I'm still using the little box thingy for some watercooling stuff, Cant remember where the PSU is although I was thinking about it a few weeks ago when I cracked the box open.

Associate
I can't remember the make of the PSU, but a friend fired up his new PC many years ago, there was a huge bang, and he nearly hit the roof. Even more dangerous was his boiler making strange sounds during driving rain, as he put his head near it, the boiler tried to blow itself off the wall. I have made a point of never lending him anything electrically or gas powered.

Back
Top Bottom