Remote control colour changing ambient lighting

Soldato
Does anyone have any recommendations for a system or individual light capable of being remote controlled to a preset colour?

So far, I've seen the Philips Living Colours lamps, and they seem pretty awesome (~£90 for the main version, ~£70 for the mini version).

I've also seen LED 'string' (more like tape really), and this seems more flexible (no pun intended) but it isn't clear to me how easily this could be remote controlled.

I also saw something like this on an AV forum, but have since lost the link.

Any further ideas? I'm not averse to a bit of DIY / soldering etc.

Obviously, I'm not asking for links if the link is a competitor, just makes/models to check out.

Soldato
the one on avforums is called the apollo lighting kit. if you speak to noodleman, posting in this thread: http://www.avforums.com/forums/home...lighting-kit-neon-lights-80.html#post10445123 he'll cut you a better deal :)

they arent especially cheap, but come well recommended. ive got one, you can program just about any colour under the sun, its remote controlled (ive got my amp's remote controlling it) and it also has 3 brightness levels :) ...or is it 4 lol

edit:

here's what it looks like

lightbars.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I have that kit and can confirm it's awesomeneseeseseseses :D

A plethora of options, both in terms of the hardware (different size strips etc) and actual controls (colours, brightness, shifting colours etc etc).

Here's a shoddy pic using 6500K mode

dscf3435.jpg

That's using 4x 24" bars (60" TV)

Back
Top Bottom