Remove Windows 8.1 admin password

Soldato
One of the girls at work (not fit, no photos, just trying to help!) has asked me if i can get into her laptop as she has forgot her password :( What she has told me:

It is an admin account
She no longer has access to the recovery email address
She *thinks* it is running W8.1

I have looked around the net and there are quite a few products claiming to remove the password, but does anyone have a go to product they know works?

Ta

Soldato
OP
  1. Bah! Got round to doing this today and i find the file system is UEFI - so Hirens boot cd will not work.

Is there another easy way to reset/remove the windows password on this file system?

ta!

Soldato
OP
mmmm, secure boot was disabled and the cd would not boot, went to HDD. I changed the file to CMP and the cd booted but could not see windows, switched back to UEFI and no boot :(

Have been told to try MSDart - looking into that now.

Soldato
Just pop the drive and backup everything before reformatting.

Much easier in the long run.
Knowing these sorts of people, there's probably 10 to the dozen malware apps on there too.....

Soldato
OP
It's the families home computer, it has 4 different user accounts on it ie school work, home finances etc which is why they are desperate to keep hold of it.

tbh, after getting my hands on it, it is a mess, keys missing, food stains etc - so i am hoping to remove the password to allow them access and recommending a new set up.

Soldato
OP
OK, i used MSDart software and was unable to remove the admin password, but i was able to create another Admin account and access all users docs - so a sort of win!

Back
Top Bottom