Removing sticker

Soldato
I have (had) a sticker on the tank of my gixxer which reminded me to wear a helmet and not to consume alcohol.

I've painfully removed the sticker - it was one of those ones that come off in 1mm pieces and take 1 hour to get off with your nail - but now it's left a sticky residue. How do I remove that, without affecting the paintwork?

Cheers

Soldato
Norbert666 said:
I have (had) a sticker on the tank of my gixxer which reminded me to wear a helmet and not to consume alcohol.

I've painfully removed the sticker - it was one of those ones that come off in 1mm pieces and take 1 hour to get off with your nail - but now it's left a sticky residue. How do I remove that, without affecting the paintwork?

Cheers
Bit of petrol on a rag is a safe way. Give it a wax after though.

L33

L33

Permabanned
You can buy a spray tin of label remover from staples/other stationer for a couple of quid which will get it straight off and does not harm paintwork/plastics etc etc. Gets the gunk/residue straight off

Soldato
I used some stuff which is simply known as "Sticky stuff remover", a bit of that on some cotton wool and it was soon off. I found though that removing the actualy sticker was made a bit easier with slight warmth from a hairdryer just to melt the glue down a little :) Petrol should be fine but make sure its all washed away afterwards because it can make a mess of the paint.

Associate
I know of some stuff called "Elbow Grease" its in a spray gun, and is like a yellow solution. I used to use it for gettin oil off my bike, as a lot of the time chain oil ends up on my rear wheel which doesnt look nice. But now i use Petrol, Just make sure to wash it all off though and as said before Wax the tank. Not sure if the wax is needed for elbow grease but if it makes you GSXR look good :cool:

Permabanned
lukechad said:
I used some stuff which is simply known as "Sticky stuff remover", a bit of that on some cotton wool and it was soon off. I found though that removing the actualy sticker was made a bit easier with slight warmth from a hairdryer just to melt the glue down a little :) Petrol should be fine but make sure its all washed away afterwards because it can make a mess of the paint.

If that is Stick stuff remover from B&Q don't get it.

My fingertips went white!

Back
Top Bottom