renew kids passport, flying on the 3rd april

Soldato
No.

6 p's as my boss would say.

Proper preparation prevents **** poor performance

Fully star swearing - Armageus

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I renewed my own passport a week ago yesterday, the new one arrived on wednesday, six days from applying to replacement, pretty good I thought.
I would suggest that is a very lucky exception!
OP, go on to the passport website they will list the options available and your nearest passport office. You'll need the fast track option. There's a couple of choices, from memory, 1 day and 5 day.

Soldato
After experiencing this on more than a few occasions (not my own passport I might add, well once if memory serves my correct:p) I/we have always had a passport back within 2 weeks, one time within 10 days too. Time of year didn't play any role either. We just went to post office in Derby, got it checked by the teller and left it with them. I say you should, be fine but for peace of mind pay the little extra to have it rushed through.

Soldato
Just renewed mine. Took a week (not fast tracked).
Sent new pic online and it was approved with no problems. Returned old passport too as you have to before they will process it.

Associate
I would suggest that is a very lucky exception!
OP, go on to the passport website they will list the options available and your nearest passport office. You'll need the fast track option. There's a couple of choices, from memory, 1 day and 5 day.
Nope same went to Post Office Saturday and the new one arrived the following Thursday. This was last month

Associate
What is it that makes UK passports so slow to get done? When I renewed my swedish passport it took about a week from I went to renew it (went to passport office in a police station in Gothenburg, had a new photo taken, confirmed my details and paid for it). A week later it was ready to be picked up at the embassy in London. When my dad renewed his passport he had his ready to be picked up later the same week... Funniest thing with my renewal of the passport was that the flights to and from Gothenburg to Stansted, price of passport and a national id-card and transport to and from the airportrs cost me less than the passport and id-card would have cost me at the embassy in London....

Permabanned
I would imagine the UK passport office has more applications that the Swedish one.......... Of course the UK could double the size of their passport office but I believe we are trying to reduce public expenditure.

Soldato
Sent my renewal off last Thursday (completed and paid for online and printed off along with some selfies!) and got the new passport back in today's post. (That was a regular application - no fast track or anything like that).

Failing that, we've gone to the passport office in London before and had it sorted same day - for about £110 IIRC.

Definitely still got time.

Bat

Bat

Associate
Renewed my son's a few weeks ago. Had the new one in under a week using standard service. Did 2 last year as well, and they were both received in under 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom