• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Replacement delidded 5.0 i7 8700k received. Very impressed.

Associate
My first delidded cpu by 8 pack had an issue and hit 100c with every stress test. My replacement is so much much better. I started at 5.0 @ 1.35v and stressed tested down to 1.3v and it is still perfectly stable at roughly 65c. I will be continuing the testing this evening. Now should I keep dropping the voltage to see where it eventually fails, or do I creep up to 5.1? Thanks in advance.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the advice. I decided to stay at 5.0 at 1.3v I hammered it for a few hours at that voltage and it was 100% stable so that will do for me :)

Soldato
Could be a golden chip!

1.375v, 5.2, just in case, otherwise you'll never know ;)
Not if it’s an 8pack chip because it would have already been binned at that if it was, I have a 8pack 5ghz chip which won’t do 5.1ghz even at 1.4v but will go all the way down to 1.3v 5ghz stable, even with the cache at 5ghz

Last edited:
Caporegime
i am indeed but once the heat and extra volts start ramping up for 100mhz you think is it worth it.i do get what you saying though ;)

Back
Top Bottom