Replacing a 60cm gas hob with a 75cm hob

Soldato
I'm looking at upgrading our rubbish Indesit hob to a nicer Neff one as part of a kitchen overhaul. Are there any common pitfalls I should be aware of here? I'm proposing to keep our existing extractor as the main burner on the Neff hob is central (it's a T27DA69N0). The cupboards either side of the hob cut out are spaced wider than 75cm, so there is nothing over hanging the hob.

I'm obviously getting it installed by a gas registered engineer but don't want them to turn up and say "computer says no".

Soldato
no sockets/switches too close on the back wall ... google maybe suggesting 300mm ? but height/horizontal difference not distinguished

Soldato
760mm from worktop to extractor fan, units/panels either side of hob should be a minimum of 460mm from worktop if directly inline with hob, if lower you need aditional 50mm either side of hob to wall units. No sockets or switches behind the gas hob either and nothing flammable behind like Wooden up stands.

Also your worktop needs to be able to accommodate the new size hob, it will need a new hole cutting and depending on your base units this may be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom