Replacing toilet seat

Soldato
OP
Mine is non standard and seat cost me £75 + I spent £35 on bits to replace what is in the water tank as I was taking it out to do the seat - but it seems I won't be doing it now.
I have found with age you tend not to read/check everything first time round - I have had the seat a week and only today did I look at fitting kit.
Still being a baby boomer I have to waste my millions some how.

Also who said I was replacing the whole toilet -if that was the case why would I replace the seat on a new BOG.

Soldato
lol at the majority of comments
THAT seat type is a pita to fit and taking the toilet out is probably the only way to do it
You cannot get at the bolts to tighten the seat or remove it UNLESS you use those rubber plug types(IF you can??? )

Soldato
lol at the majority of comments
THAT seat type is a pita to fit and taking the toilet out is probably the only way to do it
You cannot get at the bolts to tighten the seat or remove it UNLESS you use those rubber plug types(IF you can??? )

LOL at reading the majority of comments but missing a key one.

Sitting here I opened new packet of fitting and found I did it from the top - I just forgot how it was done - So I have already bought all new water inlet and flusher for the tank so everything was going to be renewed while it was out.

Now it looks like a 10 min job taking old seat and fittings off and putting new ones on - It's just a plastic expanding plug and a big screw.
Who is a stupid boy.

:D

Soldato
Pretty easy to change the cistern internals without having to remove the toilet from it's current position - especially with a nice easy to access stop valve like you've got. Although if it's all working I'd leave as is and keep the stuff you've bought for the day it eventually fails.

Soldato
OP
Yep - Bog standard job -It's all done a dusted -Had a hissy moment getting old plastic plugs out of toilet top itself but a chisel was just the tool to get under the rim of the plug to lever it up enough to grab and pull out.
New one went on fine although the lining up takes a bit of patience but it's done -One good thing is seat is removable so once set gently remove it and screw up the screws.
Have to say it seems better than last one I put on which had those two pegs for the seat. It kept twisting so put old one back on.

Trouble with getting old it becomes a battle of wits between you and the inanimate objects who usually win.:rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
So far so good -After I fitted a new seat years ago with those round fitting with a post on it and found the seat twisted if you moved sideways I am pleased to say this one doesn't do it.
I did notice the base of the round fitting has a rubbery surface so that seems to be holding them in place.
This new seat is much thicker than old one but the seat width is slightly smaller so it feels like a thin bar sitting on it. Not that thin but it is noticeable.

One job well done although it did give me a load of stress at first. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom