Request 2405 owners help!

Soldato
Hi All

Strange request this one, but could any Dell 2405 owner who has a PSP please plug the psp into one of the side USB ports and tell me if the psp is detected in windows properly? When I do it i get an "unrecognised device" but if I plug it directly into the mobo it works fine. Obviously this leads me to believe the problem lies in the USB hub in the 2405 but before I RMA it I would like to know if it actually works on anyone elses. I also believe the whole card reader/usb unit is faulty as it will not read any sony memorysticks I put in it, although it seems to read an SD card alright. Anyway your help is appreciated in this!

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Nope, my PSP never used to work on my 2405 either.

I put it down to the Dell only having lower powered USB sockets, rather than the full power ones on the mainboard, since i *think* the PSP runs itself from USB juice once it is plugged in.

Soldato
OP
I dont know about that, I charge my PSP from the dell's usb hub just fine, it just wont detect it in windows! Its a strange one... no point RMA'ing the monitor then if its a known issue.

Back
Top Bottom