Reset bios toshiba A210?

Associate
I also have 'password bios' problem with my Toshiba, Equium, Model A210-1C4. Dont know the password etc. Now having followed instructions above I find it is exactly the same as in Xtornado's photograph above. My problem is now to find the two exact solder points which I need to short-circuit. I have found the B500 mark. Near it, but at right-angles is another mark, XXX (also in Xtornato's) and there is a third mark parallel to the B500 one. Can you please give me more specific instructions as to the points to short-circuit (for 10 second), as they are not obvious to me. If you like I can send a photo, but it is exactly the same as in Xtornado's image above.

Associate
Where is the bios chip located on my Toshiba Equium A210-1as

I have a bios replacement chip, my soldering iron is ready, but how to locate the old bios chip?

Soldato
Just for the hell of it (as I been at this about 2 hours - I know this is a VERY old thread) another success with this method. I'll add a step of "using a small crafting knife VERY CAREFULLY cut a small gouge in the solder". Tried several times, could not get it to work.

Of course the solder spots had oxidized...

Scratched at it a bit with the screwdriver, no joy, at the annoyed point where I pressed a TINY bit harder with the screwdriver it finally dug through the oxidized solder, made contact and booted up a treat minus the startup password :D

Associate
A big big thanks for your help restarted laptop now it is going through start up repair looks promising now thanks to your help thanks again Terry

Associate
all ok now found to be memory stick now seated properly a big thanks for info of Bios reset your a god sent cheers Merry Christmas to you and your family Terry

Back
Top Bottom