Resident Evil 4

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Its only the same Xbox Live Arcade/PS3 downloadable version which was released in autumn 2011 I believe :rolleyes:

I bought it back then on Xbox 360 it looks horrible the low res textures are the same as the PS2 port as its effectively an emulated PS2 port upscaled & modded to work on Xbox 360/PS3 :(

Just get the vanilla PC RE4 with mods it looks way better than RE5 even :D

Soldato
OP
Its only the same Xbox Live Arcade/PS3 downloadable version which was released in autumn 2011 I believe :rolleyes:

I bought it back then on Xbox 360 it looks horrible the low res textures are the same as the PS2 port as its effectively an emulated PS2 port upscaled & modded to work on Xbox 360/PS3 :(

Just get the vanilla PC RE4 with mods it looks way better than RE5 even :D

D'oh...

didn't know this (evidently!)

Sem

Sem

Soldato
This release makes me believe we are pretty much certainly going to get a GFWL free version of RE5 and hopefully with the Gold DLC

Soldato
Does that mean we will be getting ULTRA Code Veronica X HYPER SUPER ULTIMATE HD EDITION 2014 aswell?

In all seriousness, really hope they rerelease the rest, especially 2 and 3 but with high resolution support and using DX9, the influx of mods would be incredible, the only downside to those games visuals were the characters and monsters, the backgrounds are beautiful so imagine a complete overhaul of the moving stuff. LUSH.

Soldato
Does that mean we will be getting ULTRA Code Veronica X HYPER SUPER ULTIMATE HD EDITION 2014 aswell?

In all seriousness, really hope they rerelease the rest, especially 2 and 3 but with high resolution support and using DX9, the influx of mods would be incredible, the only downside to those games visuals were the characters and monsters, the backgrounds are beautiful so imagine a complete overhaul of the moving stuff. LUSH.

Absolutely agree with this. I played through the HD remake of RE4 on the PS3 a few years back and really enjoyed it. Its a far better game than 5 and 6 for a start and revelations seemed to use the best parts of it also.

It has some of the best boss fights in the RE series that are genuinely scary.

Soldato
Resident Evil 1 remake on gamecube was amazing.
Loved Code Veronica too, it's one of the best IMO

RE4 is good, it is however the start of the downhill spiral, the last good Resident Evil game, but not true Resident Evil.

Soldato
D'oh...

didn't know this (evidently!)
Capcom will be hoping no-one else does either :rolleyes: it also has the 480P FMV's & 2005 era textures unless Capcom redid them all (unlikely). I think Capcom looked at the still healthy RE4 mod scene on PC & did their own version using the PS2 port as the base.

No way does this need 15GB unless it includes all the different language FMV's (most likely). Its a 3.5GB download on X360 for instance :(

If you look very carefully Capcom have worded the Steam page with very little info at all on the new features (apart from Steam community).

I think this is a shameful cash grab & likely to receive a healthy backlash from the PC community :( (not like Capcom care about PC anymore really anyway). Since Sven left its all gone downhill fast Dead Rising 3 was funded by MS they have not produced anything else worth bothering with IMO.

The RE4 mods here make the base game look very good indeed especially the HDR + hire textures + Gamecube FMV's.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evil_4_PC/index.php?c=365435
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evil_4_PC/index.php?showtopic=1631

Last edited:
Soldato
"Here's something we should have done right the first time around for an extra £15"

is how I'm reading this.

Back
Top Bottom