Resident Evil 9 coming January 2025

Man of Honour
The bit I really don't want in the game is any 'true RPG' like mechanics. Gun upgrades is as RPG as RE9 needs to get.

Definitely not endless collectables and crafting / stats. I'd like a game, not a work simulator!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
The bit I really don't want in the game is any 'true RPG' like mechanics. Gun upgrades is as RPG as RE9 needs to get.

Definitely not endless collectables and crafting / stats. I'd like a game, not a work simulator!

If done right I would not mind.

All depends if done right and the length of the game. If the game is going to be similar length as other resi games then no point in such things.

But yeah, I can't see it personally. It will likely be similar to RE8 I would imagine.

Personally I was very happy with what they had in RE2. I just wanted to see that slightly improved. I said it many times but would it have killed them to expand on what the original RE2 did and have some interaction between Claire and Leon playthrough? I remember being able to leave her the machine gun or using it. That kind of thing expanded I would have loved to see.

Soldato
I'm out if it's open world.

Not every game has to be open world. Next Tomb Raider is rumoured to be open world as well.

Might be an unpopular opinion but well crafted linear experience>open world.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I'm out if it's open world.

Not every game has to be open world. Next Tomb Raider is rumoured to be open world as well.

Might be an unpopular opinion but well crafted linear experience>open world.

To me it all depends. I would take a well done open world game over a a linear experience any day. That said I would rather RE go back to its roots unless they are going to knock it out of the park with the open world.

Actually I would have them continue a mainline where they do open world assuming they knock it out of the park, but also have a team that does old school stuff. That way we get a mainline game every say 5 years or so and a OG RE in between.

Back
Top Bottom