Resident evil saga

Associate
Has anyone played any of the resident evil games off steam on the pc find it so much more difficult on keyboard then console controller like the classic way

Soldato
I watched a playthrough last night of RE1 which was a first for me. It made me realise I had no chance of ever finishing that game, how people completed that without a guide back in the day I don't know.

Caporegime
We didn't have a choice though back then we had to use our brains

I remember 'renting' Resident Evil on Playstation and probably getting 1/3rd of the way through before I had to return it. I got as far as the Hunters appearing.

I owned Resident Evil 2 and Nemesis though and definitely completed both of those.

Soldato

ah yes the good old days where men were men and highscores were limited to 3 character name inputs. None of this handholding tutorial rubbish, god we had it made back then.
I recall Abe's Oddysee being hard but maybe I just sucked at it.

Associate
I watched a playthrough last night of RE1 which was a first for me. It made me realise I had no chance of ever finishing that game, how people completed that without a guide back in the day I don't know.

Finished it lots of times back in the day, RE is one of my favourite franchises. I was 11 when it first came out. Good times.

Soldato

I don't remember it being that hard tbh, but it was a long time ago so it might have been more than I remember. I mainly remember running it under 3 hrs with some friends to unlock the rocket launcher.

Soldato
I remember trying to beat it in under 3 hours for the rocket launcher and did it successfully as well.

when blockbusters was around I remember renting game consoles as well as games at the time!

I’ve only played the originals and none of the recent games

Associate

Use that brain and plug in a controller, simples.
I remember trying to beat it in under 3 hours for the rocket launcher and did it successfully as well.

when blockbusters was around I remember renting game consoles as well as games at the time!

I’ve only played the originals and none of the recent games

You should try RE2 remake, it's fantastic.

https://www.reshdp.com/re2/

This also, it's the originals but HD reworked backgrounds.

Soldato
I don't remember it being that hard tbh, but it was a long time ago so it might have been more than I remember. I mainly remember running it under 3 hrs with some friends to unlock the rocket launcher.

I know it's not the same but I got the REmake today so I'll see how far I get, although I have an advantage from that playthrough I saw but as it was someone speedrunning they didn't show all the clues etc so it probably looked harder than it was as they were going by memory.

Soldato
I've played the 1st original, 4th and 6th on pc with mouse. Tbh it's the fixed angle ones that are the main issue as there isn't really any proper aiming that can be done.

Back
Top Bottom