‘Resident Evil: The Final Chapter’ -- trailer

Soldato
I can't wait for this!!!!

I realise most sane people will have written these films off within seconds of viewing but for me, even though I never really like the game they are based on, there's some miscellaneous X-Factor which has me hooked (it may be Milla Jovovich :D)

Associate
Hopefully they reboot the series after this then. The first was good, Apocalypse was ok but it's been pretty bad since. Saying that I keep ending up going to see them.

Soldato
Yes, I watched all of these in sequence last year, realised when I initially watched them I had missed an entire film.

The overall arc was not improved by adding the missing film.
The first started very well, shame it turned into a mess fest.

The current penultimate installment is a masterclass in how to make absolutely no sense in a film.

Still Milla Jovovich :)
Reasonably sure that's the only reason I bother.

Soldato
Hopefully they reboot the series after this then. The first was good, Apocalypse was ok but it's been pretty bad since. Saying that I keep ending up going to see them.

Of all the reboots and remakes (which are usually not needed or wanted), a reboot to RE will certainly be a lot more welcome than most.

I'll be surprised if it doesn't get rebooted at some point, as the series has made $915m so far, with a total budget of around $250m, so there's money to be made.

I don't expect any reboot to turn out much different though, in terms of quality. After all, Resident Evil is a game, and we know how game to film adaptations keep turning out. ;)

Back
Top Bottom