Resin Printer Support UK

Associate
Hi

I wonder if there is any consensus on which entry-level resin printer manufacturer is best supported in the UK. From what I see, they all are fairly poor on QC, so I guess (all other things being equal, which they more or less are for my needs) my decision on which to buy will be based on which one is the less hassle if issues occur. I am fairly certain it will be one of Elegoo, Anycubic or Phrozen and I am definitely only budgeting for a ~6" sized LCD.

So if anyone has experience with these companies when it comes to exchange items or getting parts, like lead times etc, that would be great to hear.

Thanks
Jules.

Soldato
Elegoo have brilliant support, forums and customer service not had a single issue with them.

The mars 3 pro can be regularly found on deals up to 50% off and if you look at the specs compared to current offerings its holding up very well!
You do need to ignore the marketing behind 4k, 8k, 12k etc.
And look at the resolution of the printer.

Soldato
Most people would be hard pushed to tell the difference between XY resolution of 35μm and 20μm especially if you're just getting into resin printing.
I'd say go with a cheaper "older" model of printer with lots of supporting documentation behind it than something newer.

Soldato
Most people would be hard pushed to tell the difference between XY resolution of 35μm and 20μm especially if you're just getting into resin printing.
I'd say go with a cheaper "older" model of printer with lots of supporting documentation behind it than something newer.
I'm not sold on older resin printers.
Most other stuff yes but with resin the big cost is the screen which is ultimately a consumable item.
You could get a good one with hardly any use, or one that's been run 24/7 and will need replacing shortly.
The cost of new is so low you may as well go for it unless you see something crazy cheap that you want to take a punt on.

Soldato
I'm not sold on older resin printers.
Most other stuff yes but with resin the big cost is the screen which is ultimately a consumable item.
You could get a good one with hardly any use, or one that's been run 24/7 and will need replacing shortly.
The cost of new is so low you may as well go for it unless you see something crazy cheap that you want to take a punt on.
What I mean is an older model with plenty of spares, for example the Mars 3 pro is tried and tested and well supported with spares. And to top it all off it's been on 50% discount in multiple sales over the past year.

You can get aftermarket FEPs, OEM screens and air filters for much less nowdays too.

I wouldn't say second hand is the best bet but screens can go at any time

Soldato
What I mean is an older model with plenty of spares, for example the Mars 3 pro is tried and tested and well supported with spares. And to top it all off it's been on 50% discount in multiple sales over the past year.

You can get aftermarket FEPs, OEM screens and air filters for much less nowdays too.

I wouldn't say second hand is the best bet but screens can go at any time
totally, I'm just wary because I went to buy two 2nd hand photon monos off Facebook, guy felt kinda sketchy and I asked to see them on and ran the screen test- both had blown LCDs.

If you're going 2nd hand _always_ check the screen etc. see it working.

Back
Top Bottom