Resolution Question

Associate
Help me out here guys cos I think i'm going mad.....

I have recently bought a 20.1" Widescreen monitor but have several games that don't seem to support the 1680x1050 native resolution.....

Like Lego Star Wars 2 & FEAR both of which are new enough and have no excuse for not supporting it! But does anyone know if there are any patches that will then enable support for the resolution as my monitor doesn't scale and ATI gfx cards are pretty unreliable for scaling.

Also is there any way to change screen resolutions for things like FM2006, which just seems to sit at something like 640x480 and looks pretty rubbish.

Another one is Richard Burns Rally which appears to have not option for changing screen resolution.......

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Don
Hi there,

Ok as far as I'm aware I thought that it was more of a game issue then an ATI issue... have you downloaded the latest drivers? I'm sure that there will be some ini hacks out there to make games support widescreen but this might make the charecters look stretched

Stelly

Associate
Interesting...

Lego Star Wars II should support widescreen out-of-the-box as it has the new "Games for Windows" logo at the top of the packaging? Unless it's only the US version...

Associate
Monstermunch said:
Also is there any way to change screen resolutions for things like FM2006, which just seems to sit at something like 640x480 and looks pretty rubbish.
Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Football Managers default res is 1024x768, not sure if there is a hack to change it, but in the options untick the fullscreen option and it will play in a window. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom